✘^Bloodstained Lips | Vampire! F.I. x Reader

(A/n)

Requested on tumbly by FrankLerosLipRing

____________
____________
____________

Nothing like the nobility's balls. I had spent some time out of England just to be sent here again to demonstrate how my division of the Templar's order is still on good terms with them, so they practically shoved me to attend Earl Way's masked ball. To be honest, it's not exactly bad—I was offered to stay here for the week, not even needing to book a room at one of the inns nearby since I was offered to stay in the mansion. Very thoughtful. Still, it's difficult to exchange any word with the Earl during the party because everyone seems to recognize him despite the masks covering everyone's faces.

"Hello," someone greets me, a smile tugging on their lips. Their mask is black, with green details along the intricate patterns that cover the upper half of their face. The light slips through the eye holes enough to be reflected on their mostly green, hazel eyes, which observe me with interest for some unknown reason. "Would you like a drink?"

They have a deep green tailcoat in black tapestry, threads reflecting delicately the light cast by the chandeliers hanging high in the ballroom. The black gloves match the pants, boots and vest that poke from under their coat... and amusement laces their smile once I meet their eyes again.

Curious. I nod, without thinking a lot, and they leave for a moment before coming back with a couple of wine glasses. "Thank you..." I trail off as I grab the glass that's held out my way.

"Frank. Frank Iero," he says softly. "And you must be (y/n) (l/n)."

"Frank, right." I hum, now matching face to name. "I don't believe we ever saw each other properly after that brief encounter in the office." He had longer hair, by then, and still hadn't lost some weight—either way, he is still stunning. And interesting, if I remember well. We had shared some good conversations during free time.

"...Office?" He purses his lips. "Right, I think I remember it." He chuckles and I do the same.

"Interesting how you could recognize me even in a masked ball, with a different attire." I glance down at myself, the dress' cut hanging low on my shoulders, but still enough to cover a proper part of my chest while my necklace falls over it. Sometimes the cold wind makes me shiver as it slips through the lace covering my arms, something quickly fixed by avoiding standing next to windows. The lace extends itself to my feet over a thicker layer of fabric and I'm quite proud of my choice for tonight.

"Gerard told me it was you. I'm a close friend of his." He shrugs lightly, pausing to take a sip of his wine. Hearing the Earl's name being spoken like this feels almost forbidden. Wrong. "And the mask thing isn't about us between each other, but regarding the commoners knowing who each of us are. Some of the nobility value privacy."

"It's really been a long time since I've been to a ball." I also take a sip of the wine—it's different from any other I've drunk, thicker and with a sharper taste. Not bad, actually.

"Don't like them?"

"I don't like people."

"Ironic, regarding the knights." Frank raises his eyebrows, taking another sip of the wine and I watch the dark stain left behind on the glass as the drink travels down to the bottom.

A chuckle escapes my lips, all I do aside from shaking my head in response. It's not quite that and, honestly, Frank doesn't need to know why I'm in the military order or anything related to my personal and professional life. I can share it, only if I know who I'm talking to or want to lose my head.