I Want It That Way | F.G. x Reader

(A/n)

Requested by love_fanfictionz

This is so funny, help

_________
_________
_________

[3rd person p.o.v.]

The attempt of stopping an invasion by Draculoids in an old gas station turned out to be a failure when the Fabulous Four found themselves cornered, a clear result of the imprudence of getting in without even making a proper plan. Kobra glared at Party the whole time while the Dracs moved to tie them so they wouldn't be a problem anymore. The four of them were tied to chairs, wrists all tied together in a way they had their backs facing each other's and unable to even scoot their chairs away – something that would need a synchrony they would never achieve.

What the Dracs were doing wasn't even a new. They needed more spots in the desert to take over and were also in their process of mapping the Zones to have more control over them. Initially, the gas station was the base of a few killjoys who ran away as soon as the Dracs showed up in the horizon and the Fabulous Four were sent by Doctor Death to go clean the area.

At some point – after making sure the four weren't going to do anything – they were left unsupervised due to the need of more Dracs in helping with carrying the stuff they had found, leaving a total of five Dracs in the area, none of them in the room.

Being left alone like that meant the end of their only source of fun, which had been limited to teasing the Drac who kept an eye on them. Boredom quickly fell in the place, snatching groans and sighs mostly from Poison. Not that the others weren't bored, but Kobra was too annoyed to say anything, Jet kept up to his quiet self while Ghoul tried to keep himself quiet for longer than a minute, what already demonstrated itself to be a challenge to him.

Party's eyes drifted to the ground, observing the tiles' patterns in an attempt of finding any entertainment.

"You are," he sang, voicing the song that had been playing in his head repeatedly since he heard it on the radio earlier that day. "My fire / The one desire."

"Believe it when I say," Ghoul completed when the red haired went silent.

"I want it that way," the four of them sang in unison.

Ghoul had his foot repeatedly tapping against the ground, kind of setting a rhythm for all of them as trying his best to move around on the chair in a poor attempt of a 'dance'. "But we are two words apart," he sang, adding more feelings to his words this time, "can't reach to your heart / When you say / That I want it that way."

"Tell me why," Party sang again, closing his eyes briefly as he also got in the mood they had set.

"Ain't nothing but a heartache," all of them sang together again.

"Tell me why!"

"Ain't nothing but a mistake / Tell me why!" The four's voices grew louder according to how much they sang, completely immersed in the music to a point Party and Ghoul probably would be surprised when remembered they were being held there by the Dracs.

"I never wanna hear you say!" Party sang in a loud tone that would probably get them in problems. The other four were prepared to sing the last line of the chorus when the words never came out, replaced by gasps at the doors to the room being suddenly thrown open.

[Your p.o.v.]

I stand there for a moment as observing their surprised faces, but also surprised myself, trying to understand why in the hell I was hearing I Want It That Way coming from here.