The flowers in your lungs | Hanahaki AU! | (1/2)

"D'you think he'll fall?" Frank asks.

"That'd be some good entertainment." I answer.

Frank and I watch Gerard trying to climb a tree in the schoolyard while eating our lunch.

"I hope he falls." Frank takes a bite of his sandwich.

"Then we'll need to take him to the nurse."

"I hope he gets to do it safely."

"Same." I take a sip of (drink).

"Have you known that Ray got Hanahaki?" Frank asks making a small ball with the napkins he had.

"Really?" I raise my eyebrows, "Who did he get feelings for?"

"Christa."

"Did he decide what to do already?" I close the bottle of (drink) and put away to throw away later.

"He said he'll try to make her fall for him first and if he doesnt get to, he will do the surgery."

"Oh." I sigh feeling a stinging pain, but not wincing. "I hope he gets her to love him. It's horrible to suffer from Hanahaki and after, the surgery is said to be horrible."

"Have you ever suffered from it?" Frank asks.

"No." I answer showing no emotion. He furrows his eyebrows, looking at me like he's trying to solve a puzzle. He opens his mouth to say something else but is cut off,

"Ow!"

We both turn our heads to see Gerard on the floor. We instantly stand up and run towards him.

"Why did you even want to climb it?" I crouch down next to Gee, "Ugh, see what that mouth of yours does, Frank?"

.

"I'll text you later." Frank hugs me.

"Right." I hug him back and we pull away a few seconds later.

"Love you, 'kay? Bye." He says.

"Love you too. See yah." I say as Gerard and I start to walk to our houses. "Where's Mikey?"

"Stayed home playing videogames." Gerard rolls his eyes.

"Lazy fucker." I breathe a chuckle. "Have you heard about Ray?"

"Yeah! He told me." He says, "I hope he gets better soon." He pauses. "And you? Does it hurt?" His eyebrows knit together, he gave me a worried look.

"A bit." I exhale.

"Does he know already?"

"No." I press my lips together.

"I think he also-" Gerard starts but I cut him off.

"Then why do I have this disease?!"

"I-I don't know?" He throws his hands in the air, "Maybe he doesn't realise?"

"How the fuck do you not realise something like this?"

"Like if I fucking knew! It just happens! Fuck!" Gerard copies my voice tone.

I sigh in defeat, "Y'know what? I'll just get the damn surgery!"

"Wait! Gerard says walking in front of me and stopping, facing me. "Do the decision when you calm down! We'll talk about it when we get home, okay?"

"Okay. But I won't change my opinion."

.

"Hey, mom."

"Hey, Mrs. (L/n)."

"Hi, children."

Gerard and I climb the stairs to my bedroom and throw our bags on the floor before sitting down on my bed, our backs against the wall and feet hanging from the bed.