;I'm offended | Smol! F.I. x Tol! Reader | (6/?)

(A/n)
It's funny how I have uncountable Frank pics and always need to go to Pinterest to get new ones for the stories

Another one with the help from selfishromance :)) thx uwu

____
____
____

"Y'know, (n/n)," Frank says and I hum in response, not taking my attention off of the notebook over my lap. "where are you going to after we finish college?"

"Well," I pause, looking down at him who sits beside me, the both of us on his bed and with our backs against pillows set between us the headboard. "stay here in New York." I shrug, shifting on my place as trying to make myself comfortable. "It's a big city, full of opportunities and there's no way I'm returning to my hometown, so..." I trail off, watching him nodding. "And you?" I ask curious.

"Same." He explains, raising his eyebrows lightly. "Practically all of my friends plus you are here already and it's like you said. It's a big city." Frank leans on me, his cheek pressed to my shoulder. He doesn't speak up at first, blinking in hesitation. To try to encourage him, I tilt my head lightly, shooting him a soft look. It seems to work. "We should, maybe, y'know..." His eyes fall to my shirt as he starts playing with its small folds - probably wanting to distract himself from the nervousness. "move in together... to an apartment, maybe," His cheeks start turning red and I hold back a smile. "I have some money and maybe we could buy a small one or rent a good one until having enough can buy a great one." His eyes meet mine for a second, showing his nervousness. "B-But it's just a suggestion, y'know."

Frank falls in silence, fidgeting with the rim of my shirt and I need to hold back a chuckle at how worried he is. I don't judge - I'd not bring this subject easily myself either.

"That's a good idea." I say deciding to not torture him with my silence, but falling into it once as trying to decide what to say next. Even so, he seems to relax a bit at my first statement. "I have some money my family has been saving too, so I guess we can buy a decent one, depending. I like the idea." I lean down enough to press a kiss to his nose.

"R-Really?" He asks surprised, probably not expecting me to agree with it or maybe in relief from the previous tension. That makes me finally let out a chuckle.

"Of course." I smile seeing him grin stupidly at my confirmation. "When would you like so?" I ask, turning my gaze back to my notebook, in which I had been writing a review about a book we're studying about in class. "After we finish college?" I tap my pencil against the paper. "It's not that far, but..."

"N-No." He stutters and, by the corner of my eye, I can see his red face. "I mean, if you want, yeah!" He adds quickly, "I thought it'd be easier for us getting out of college already having somewhere and all, but... you gotta decide too." I glance down to see him with his head down and closer to me, obviously to hide his face.

"I agree." I say, understanding his perspective. "When yah wanna look for a place? And you can consider if, like," I shift a bit, adjusting my position. "we'll buy one with all the furniture already or not. Depending, we can buy a big one without furniture, but a smaller one with furniture."

"Also, it depends on the location." He says, noticeably calmer now - or at least doing his best to look like so. "If it's downtown, it's gonna be more expensive even if smaller."

"Still," I twist my mouth lightly, "if it's downtown, which is obviously better for us, we gotta buy a big one, even if without furniture. Two people living in an apartment for one works, but isn't too comfortable."

"Then let's buy one without furniture, but buy the basic, like, at least a mattress and get the rest later." Frank concludes, raising his eyebrows and eyeing me for my approval; which I give him with a slow nod, thinking as agreeing. "Y'know," He starts, clearly holding back a smile, "I was all afraid to bring up this topic and never expected it to turn out that well."