68. The Prince

(A/n: do not read this chapter without reading chapter 67. I suggest you reread it before reading this chap)

##~~

The man finished with the piece of chicken in his hands and looked up at Thada with an unconcerned face. He scoffed. "You should know better than to ask me that, my prince" he put stress on the word prince and Thada clenched his fists.

The man shrugged. "Now why aren't you answering your mother's calls?"

Thada tilted his head. "Eh yeah, let me think why" he pretended to think it through. "Oh, I know. Cuz I don't want to!"

Brian blinked. Then he eyed the cute little chubby boy seated on the couch and back to Thada. "Damn! You got some snark in you! You little boy" he turned to Kao. "Are a good influence. I approve"

Thada rolled his eyes. "Why the hell are you here Brian. And since when do you care about my business with my parents?"

The man chuckled. "I don't. Fuck, you know who I work for. It ain't them" he sighed. "I've always been on your side. I'm here, because it's about you"

They both looked at each other. Thada sighed and sat down beside Kao. "Hey, you have heard about Brian. It's time you meet him"

Kao looked up at the guy who smiled down at him. Kindly. Wao... he always thought Brian was some mystery guy with Wolverine looks and James Bond attitude. Not an ordinary man with simple ripped jeans and jacket.

"Hey... nice finally meeting you" The man went to sit in front of them. "I've wanted to meet you for a long time"

Kao smiled shyly and shook his hand. "Hi..."

Thada sighed. "I'll get his dinner. You'll stay?" He asked Brian who looked at Kao and then back at Thada.

"Just tea" he said and waited till Thada had left them. Then he turned to Thada. "You are a force. I've been told you're scary"

Kao pouted. "No I'm not. I'm a cute and happy person"

"Yeah?" Brian laughed. He doubted it. "Well, just so you know, I've known him his whole life. And I've never seen this brooding so happy as he's with you" Brian told Kao who was pleased hearing that.

"Really?" He asked and Brian nodded. He bit on his lower lip. "Em... you said you know him your whole life... is that why he asked you to. You know. Look for his friend? I thought you were some detective"

Brian smiled thinly. "That. Among other reasons" he sighed. "And I'm not lying.  he's not a happy person. Hell, I haven't even seen him smile since..." He sighed. "My brother was... he left him wounded and hurt"

Kao blinked. He opened and closed his mouth. "Y-your brother? Oh..." He bit his lower lip. "So, that's why..."

Brian smiled thinly and nodded. "Yeah, my half brother. And my old man. See... that's why I wanted to meet you so bad. He... he told me you were a lot like Saint. That's till you opened your mouth"

Kao blinked. He looked down.

"See, my little bunny always liked his friend more than me" he chuckled. "I always fought with Thada because of that. But now... I'd give anything to have my little brother back. Just about anything" he looked at Kao. "Kao... I know I said you're like my brother but don't think for once he's with you for that reason. If he thought of you like him, he wouldn't fall in love with you"

Kao looked up at the man and smiled. "I know that. We talked about it. I know he loves me just as much as I love him"

Brian smiled back. "I'm glad you gave Thada his happiness"