72. Confrontations

Kao looked out the window when the car reached the gates of the large estate. The car entered and he was welcomed by the sight of plantation and architecture, as far as eye could see. They passed the stables, the fruit farms at one side and the sports courts at the other. He could make out the vast gardens here and there. Then they passed the garage and he saw all the luxurious, latest model or vintage cars.

And all of a sudden, his stomach turned, an overwhelming feeling of dread surrounding him. It was like they were the sky and he was dirt in comparison. Did they want him here just to make him realize that?

But... it's his Thada... he can't be not his Thada. He can't be too high for him to reach...

"Hey"

He looked up into those burrowing eyes of the man he loved so much and who he knew loved him even more.

"It's alright" was all Thada said. But to him, those words were like magic that washed away all his fears and made his anguish vanish.

"I know" was what he said back. And then, they reached the mansion.

"Which idiot built this many stairs?" Was the first thing Kao asked and it made Thada laugh out

The guard opening the door for them stopped in his tracks to eye the heir to the lion with surprise. He'd never seen the heir crack a smile let alone laugh so heartily.

Thada smiled down and helped Kao out of the car, making all the guards and the staff present to welcome the prince to gasp seeing the adorable, round bellied boy who looked around with no concern or worry. Or even a slight awareness of how the people stared at his huge belly or the way their prince wrapped a possessive arm around him.

"This is the main mansion" Thada informed him, pulling him closer and throwing a look at the people, making everyone gasp and turn away. He let out a sigh and kissed Kao's hair.

"All I can see is woods behind it" Kao said and Thada nodded. "There's a long track through the woods. There are gardens and a shooting range. And  staff houses and annexes" he smiled down at Kao. "If we're ever back after the babies are here, I'll take you up to my place. It's right at the top of the mound. You can't go up there in your state"

Kao clicked his tongue cutely and snuggled closer to his boyfriend. Seven months had passed by in a blink. It felt like yesterday, he was crying in P'Beam's arms and getting his heart broken by Pete and then beating erratically for Thada.

"Come, let's get you inside" Thada said and turned to him with a dead serious look on his face. "Remember what we talked about. Okay? No matter what!" He said seriously and Kao sighed.

"I remember it all" he said in a reassuring tone. He understood Thada's anxiety over him coming along. And he did not plan to make him worry anymore.

Thada sighed, nodding slowly and picking him up, bridal style, making him gasp and hide his face on the stupid King Kong's chest. Once they were upstairs, Thada put him down carefully and they were joined by June, Brian and May.