19

FLASHBACK

Beam opened the door to find Pha leaned at doorframe. Pha showed him the bag of snacks and beer. Beam let him in.

"What's the occasion?"

"Just missing my favorite troublemaker. Why, you mind?" Pha joked. "So... binge-watching all night, ramen and more beer"

"Yo went home or you two fought?" Beam smirked. He went and dropped on his bed, patting the space beside him. "So you're here because the great Phana Kongthanin feels guilty for not hanging out with the good for nothing asshole"

Pha sighed. "I'm sorry"

Beam pouted. "You're stupid"

Pha laughed, pulled Beam in a head lock. "You love that word. Come on, no talking about stupud stuff"

Beam narrowed his eyes. "So... we won't talk about Kit and me not talking?"

"Depends... you wanna talk about it?" Pha asked.

"You wanna talk about your boyfriend and his insecurities?" Beam retorted.

Pha sighed. "Beam... please"

"Okay" Beam rolled his eyes.

Pha smiled and ruffled Beam's hair. "I miss this, I miss you"

Beam sighed. "I'm right here Pha. You guys just changed the path. And hey! Yo would make his dad chop me into million pieces if he saw us now" he grinned at Pha's guilty face. "I know, I can tell Pha. I can read people good. It's okay. You treat me different from Kit. That's what he sees. He doesn't know who you are to me" Beam smiled seeing Pha look more guilty, he grimaced. "But seriously, you with me?" he cringed. "Like, I could get if he thought it was Kit but me? Eww, that would be incest" 

Pha huffed. "Kit and me? As if. I know Kit. I still can't believe Ming's in love with him, see the way he treats Ming?"

"I don't believe either" Beam mumbled.

Pha eyed him for a long time. "What is it Beam? Why are you so distant?"

Beam gave him the best innocent face he could come up with, raised his hands up and shrugged. "I know nothing. You tell me, how are you off duty tonight?"

Pha chuckled. "It's your night so I won't get mad" 

"Oh I'm flattered" Beam sassed. "So which one is it?" He went to get his laptop.

"Anything"

"Criminal minds?"

"Anything but that" Pha answered abruptly. A second latter he groaned when Beam pouted, blinking fast with the innocent baby face that, in Pha's opinion, could deceive the devil himself. "Fine... but not the gruesome episodes"

"It's a marathon and it's just a show" Beam rolled his eyes. "What you scared a machete would jump out of the screen?"

"Shut up"

"You shut up! Ouch..." Beam massaged the spot on his head where Pha smacked.

"Diner's here" Pha went to get the ramen he ordered. Then both sat on the bed, eating and drinking with Pha ocassionally cursing.

After two hours straight, Beam paused the show. "Okay... tell me"

"What?"

Beam rolled his eyes. "You have been here over two hours and your baby pet didn't call or text you once, you haven't even whined about how fucking cute he is and how much you love him.
You didn't even pester him about his whereabouts, what's going on?"