44

(A/n: okay so.. I  am doing something, something I said I wasn't sure if I'd do.

Plus almost the whole chapter is focused on Thada)

##

He sighed and sat up, looking at his empty side. Why would that chipmunk suddenly want to sleep in his own room?

He sighed and picked his phone to type a text with a grim look on his face.

>>🐲: are you sure?

>>Brian: positive.
>>Brian: sorry man

He sighed and put it back. 11 years long wait and he failed this close to finding him. He looked at his hand gloomily, brushing on the tiny tattoo on the inner side of his index finger. Kao thought it was an 8.

Suddenly he laughed thinking of the face Kao made, how the poor kid stormed his brain just to figure out why would he have an eight tattooed on his finger. How can a man be such an innocent soul?

Why hasn't he sneaked into my room yet?

Thada looked at the clock on his wall and got off his bed to check on Kao. And also have a smoke outside. Maybe.

They only smoked in the balcony ever since Kao shifted here. When was the last time he smoked?

Well, he can't be thinking of anything else when that idiot wasn't feeling okay. He was fragile and had three babies inside that tiny body of his. And his habit if waking up in the middle of night, craving weird things!
He once wanted pickles on bread with peanut butter and strawberry jam.
Then the time he wanted to have tamarind juice at 3 in the morning. Where the hell do you get that shit at time anyway?
And now he'd go off to work after class. All alone. He won't listen but that worried Thada even more. Who'd make sure he's okay? Kao won't! This was a disaster!
And if anything happened to that stupid chipmunk..

Who the fuck left this door open?

He stopped and then walked outside in the balcony to find Kao sitting in the small corner May had made for them to sit. He was staring up in the sky, looking lost.

"Kao?"

Kao turned to face him and smiled. "Hey.."

Thada blinked. Sitting under the shades, smiling, with only the moonlight falling on his face, he looked so pure. How could Pete not want him?

"Why're you up?"

He huffed. "You're awake too"

Kao sighed and looked up at the sky again. "Can't sleep"

"Why didn't you come to my room then?" He asked.

Kao grinned. "I don't know.. I just didn't want to bother you tonight"

Thada blinked.

Kao went on. "You looked like you needed alone time"

He clicked his tongue. "Bull" he came to stand beside Kao, leaning against the wall. "You can always bother me and I'll be happy"

Kao giggled. "Then can I bother you with watching stars with me?"

Thada looked down at his expectant eyes and smiled. He patted Kao's head. "Are you hungry?"