40

"Good morning passengers.  We are now inviting you to begin the regular boarding for the flight 87B to Bangkok. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you"

Pha looked up from his phone and put his coffee down. He stood up and stretched. It sure was a long wait. Or maybe the conference was cut too short. Whatever. He wasted his time coming here. But atleast he got a change of scenery, some time away from everything that happened around him till now.

Sighing, he picked his things to walk away. Looking for his boarding pass, he didn't realize he bumped into a tiny thing that fell with a thud.

He looked down to find a little boy in a jeans jacket, sitting on the ground.

"Hey kid, are you okay?" He asked in concern.

"Do I look not okay you blind uncle?" The boy snapped. "A little fall can't hurt me!!" The kid showed his dimples.

Pha blinked. Then he laughed. "Ofcourse, you look strong. My bad sir" he extended his hand and the boy took it.

"I am!!" He giggled deepening his dimples.

Pha smiles. "You're a cute kid!"

"What? Who's a kid? I'm a handsome man!!" The boy puffed his cheeks.

Pha laughed at that. "Okay. I see my mistake. How old are you Mr. Handsome man?"

"I'll be seven soon!" He huffed again. "How old are you? I bet you're 40!!"

It was Pha's turn to huff. "40? I'm only 28!"

"My mom is 28, she looks so young and beautiful! You don't!" He stuck his tongue out.

"Hey! Hey! I was the most handsome guy in my school!" Pha fought back.

"Hey hey!! You said wassss!!!" The boy didn't go down. Pha huffed but couldn't say else because of the boarding call.

"Dodo!!"

"Coming mom!!" The boy called a woman who had her face turned away from them, her long hair made seeing her difficult.

Not that Pha wanted to see anyone. At all. Not after the hell he still haven't recovered fully from.

"Tsk, mom is calling me. Bye bye!" The boy spoke to him and ran away without waiting for an answer. Pha smiled. Kids these days sure make the devil look innocent!

##~~

He turned his head sideways to look at the pale boy who sat two rows next to him

He turned his head sideways to look at the pale boy who sat two rows next to him. He felt worried.

'Kao..'

He looked paler than usual as he kept on drinking water and rested his head on his desk. Pete looked down with a sigh and then looked back at the boy.

He used to sit right in front of Pete till today when that tall man made him a seat beside him. No one dared question. Not to him. They won't even dare to stare his way any long with fear that he might bite their heads off.