52. b) Our Little Angel

"Hey you little devil! Don't try anything naughty here" Pha warned the little boy who made a cute face like no one was as innocent in the world as him.

Yeah, right. Like Pha would trust Beam's little spawn!!

He pecked on the baby's hair and wrapped his stethoscope around his neck before he went to see Dome who was eyeing the CT machine with drool on his mouth.

"This is awesome!!!" Dome chirped and hugged Pha's legs. "Thank you"

Pha blinked in surprise. Then he patted Dome's head with a slight smile on his face. "You're welcome dear"

Dome looked up at him excitedly. "So, what will we do next?"

Pha smiled as he looked at something behind the kid. "Nothing. I have to get ready for treatment and you will go back with your mom"

Dome turned around to pout at his mother.

"Let the doctor work you kid!" She said.

"I'm not a kid!" Dome retorted. "I'm a big boy!"

"The hell you are!"

"I'm bigger rham Arthit! Look, he's checking up his own ass!" Dome pointed at the little boy who currently was playing doctor with the stethoscope. With one of the eartips in his ear while the other dangling down his cheek, he had a very serious look on his face as he put the head set on his tiny butt. Both Prae and Pha let out chuckles at the little boy's antics.

"Hey.. why don't you go teach him how to do it while not letting him know you're teaching? Smart enough to do that?" Pha challenged the boy who huffed.

"As if!" He marched to Arthit.

"He's competitive" Pha spoke to no one in particular, then looked at the woman in front of him and gulped. "You've changed. A lot" He suddenly felt awkward.

She smiled. "So have you. You lost that half assed, center of the damn world proud look on yourself. Good for you" she hit his shoulder twice in a friendly manner.

Pha sighed. "Damn! I never thought of how much I missed those insults" he smiled in mockery.

"They're insults only if you feel them" she smiled back.

Pha let out a chuckle. "So how's life?"

"With him?" She pointed at Dome who was tickling Arthit. "Busy"

"Yeah.." Pha looked at Dome and suddenly decided to do what he planned not to. "Prae, I'll be straight here. Is he my son?"

"What?" Prae gaped at him and then looked at her son in  shock. "What the hell? How did you come up with such ridiculous thought?" She asked in exasperation.

Pha stared at her. "Then who is his father? Some foreigner? Don't try that with me! I know his real age" he was careful to keep his tone down so Dome won't hear them.

Prae blinked at him. She looked away like hiding her expression and but her lips. "And you think he's yours because?"

"I remember we were drunk and I clearly remember kissing you" Pha said. "What else happened that night?"

She looked up at him. "It's true.."

Pha blinked. Anxious for her reply.

"We kissed. It's also true he is older than what I tell my friends.."

"So.. so he is my son?" He asked in a hushed tone, feeling suddenly happy at the thought.

She stared at him. "But Pha, nothing else happened"