17

If you find Beam and Lam's conversation awkward or weirdly cute, I succeed. If not. Don't tell me🙈

##~~

"I don't remember the last time I came out for a coffee myself"

Beam chuckled at Lam's comment. They were sitting in a cafe at the moment. "Why? Being a boss got you a stick up your ass?"

Lam sighed. "It did. Your fault. You left all your business for me to handle"

Beam smiled. "It got you to care for me. All worth it"

Lam looked down. Beam laughed. "Sorry I'm kidding. Who says I care? Yeah, I remember"

Lam didn't answer. Beam was still the same high spirited and good natured guy. He wasn't broken. Thank God!

He was half an year older than Beam. He remembered that tiny little snowball following him around in only a diaper. How he so wanted to poke his round apple like cheeks. He also remembered how his mother never allow him to play with the tiny snowball. He grew up to know why.

Because that little snowball's mother took lead on their business. Something his mother thought his father deserved more. He was young and she was his mom.

He didn't even realize the extent to his hatred till it poisoned his very existence. Beam was this, Beam was that. Beam got this, Beam got that. Beam was smart, Beam was handsome. He didn't realise how he was also all those things Beam was. That he was by no means average, that it was just his mom and her greed talking.

So when he thought his best friend might be playing with his baby cousin, he didn't care. He was supposed to be protective, he was supposed to care, he was supposed to knock sense into Forth or make sure he wasn't hurting Beam, not to stand on sidelines and enjoy the show.

Forth's words, that look in Beam's eye. That day for the first time in his life, Lam hugged the snowball. The day Lam realize how alone and broke that boy was.

Beam leaned closer and smiled. "Thank you. For what you did for me"

Lam looked up at his face. He wasn't surprised by the sincerity he saw in those eyes. He smiled. "How are you?"

Beam smiled. "Peaceful. P'Prin said you got married"

"Five years"__Lam

"Children?"__Beam

"Twins. Another one on the way"__Lam

"Boys?"__Beam

Beam huffed when Lam nodded. "People don't have daughters anymore? I wanna buy someone a baby ducklin suit. Or a princess astronaut dress" Beam made a face that made Lam shake his head.

"Still crazy..."

Beam waved a hand. "I'm a genius surgeon. Craziness is kinda part of my dress code"

Lam chuckled. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when Beam's phone rang. He looked down and gotta glance at the picture of two laughing faces.

"Yes kiddo..."

....

"Aww baby dada is sorry. Dada forgot.. hey put your brother on phone"

....

"Yes yes you'll get it. Let me talk to your brother. Oon! Don't throw things at him"

....

"Yeah... bad?!" Beam made a guilty face. "Don't worry I'll smack his butt when I get home"

....

He chuckled. "Yeah promise. Now why don't you go in the kitchen, third cabinet on left"

....