69. Turn outs

"Em... s-so... h-how long have you been w-working with uncle Prin?" Pharm asked after a while of sitting in the backseat quietly. He was agitated, as evident from how he tapped his feet and drummed his fingers on his knees, and when he was agitated, he needed to talk.

The man looked in the rearview mirror with narrowed eyes, observing his petrified posture instantly. "I don't work. You're my first assignment"

"What?" Pharm looked up, gaping. "But uncle Prin just said P'Mike trained you himself"

For the first time, Tin smiled slightly. "He did. I'm eighteen years old and rest assured, well trained to protect you and your brother. I'm perfect to stay with you" He eyed the boy through rearview, again. "I've been told you are... not a fan of people"

"Em..." Pharm bowed his head even more, not knowing what to tell the older guy.

"You should tell me a thing or two about you young master. I'm going to be your bodyguard" the man said in monotone. "It would avoid conflict or drama"

Pharm sighed. "I... have a phobia of people... especially if someone touches me. They're not really... always trying to or do it on purpose... It just... can't help it..." He looked down, playing with the hem of his shirt and the man in driving seat was quiet for a while, staring at him through the rearview.

Then he fixed his eyes on the road. "Very well. And I'll need a list of your friends and acquaintances"

Pharm nodded slowly, the car turning awkwardly quiet yet again as he went back to his overthinking.

Pharm had kept his head down all day long. He listened to the cousins bicker as usual, he smiled here and there, he sat through his classes, but his head was still full of dad.

So when it was time to go home and he received a message from his all too stiff assigned protector, he all but ran, bumping hard into a wall and falling down as a result of being his hasty self.

He blinked. Okay, first the was wet. Second, it wasn't a wall, more like a tall, naked chest, with water dripping off it. Huh... Who walks around half-naked through the school, showing off their drool-worthy body? Okay, yeah. He heard himself! No need to laugh at him! A man can admire what's worth admiring!

"Are you okay?" Asked a deep, concerned tone.

Pharm blinked, looking up from the well-toned chest to the handsome face with those sharp, piercing eyes and his heart skipped a beat. Then his eyes widened, realizing who he bumped into. He gasped when the taller man slightly smiled down at him and took two steps back to make enough distance between them, blushing like a tomato.

Dean had stiffened when the adorable boy bumped into him, his heart racing. He'd seen the boy after a very long time, being always too busy with studies and sports and the boy not showing up at P'Yacht's. But the way the boy jerked away from him made him want to sulk.

"Am I that scary?" He blurted out. Oh, what the hell was going on with him?! He was always having strange urges and thoughts whenever that boy was concerned.

Pharm blinked. "Eh..." his breathing started to feel heavy as he tried to form a word or two to say to the older guy who was still staring at him with those sharp eyes, so full of curiosity and tenderness yet, Pharm still couldn't bring himself to return that gaze. He still couldn't hold his head up to face a man who looks down at him with such interest.

Dean gave him a worried look. "Pharm?"

Pharm looked up at him with a gasp. "You know me!" and hurriedly looked down again.

Dean smiled seeing his nervous face. He was so damn cute. "Why? Should I not?"

"Em..." a blushing Pharm yet again had no answer.