62. Beam's Dilemma

(This chapter will tell us how Beam's troubles with the messages and pictures started. And why he's so paranoid right now)

##~~

He put his little, sleeping monster to bed and sat there, stroking his hair. They had just come back from having dinner, fast food, at Beam's favorite fast food restaurant in Bangkok. He had happy memories of that place, memories of eating out there with mom, with his friends, with Forth. But all those memories only brought pain to him now. But the memory of tonight, of his sons, this memory won over everything else.

They had been doing it ever since they landed. Pharm wanted to visit all his favorite places. He sighed, thinking about how his favorite places in the city also involved bars and clubs and whatnot. How far he'd come from those days when he had no aim in his life, no reason. And now look at him. He had two different fellowships, he was a fetal surgeon, a pediatrician with expertise in the neonatal field, he could claim that he studied human anatomy, sexuality, and psychology the way no one else ever did. He was a surgical rock star.

He smiled when Arthit kicked around in his sleep and tried to grab for something in the air. That something Beam knew very well was him. That little master of all mischief just can't do without his Dada.He leaned down to let Oon grab and feel his face so he'd calm down and sleep again. Beam kissed his cheek.

People say they love their kids right, but his kids were not just his babies

People say they love their kids right, but his kids were not just his babies. Oon was his whole life, and Pharm... his rock, his love, his everything. Beam strongly believed that kids were strong willed and pure beings with super powers.

Yes, super powers.

He believed they were the best judges of character and moods and the best medicine for any wound. Like his Pharm and his baby Oon. They both seldom liked people but sometimes, some people, really fell under their rage. And he always found it turned out he didn't like them or they turned out fishy. Like a few days ago when they met Ming and Wayo. His Oon was never scared of anything. But Ming. It just proved his own deductions from past.

Ming was bad news. Both of them were. They just came and destroyed his whole life.

He was sure the moment he saw that tall lanky and annoyingly charming boy alongside Wayo that this Wayo was not the kid he once saved from bullies and who followed his friend Pha around afterwards. He knew they were both faking it, that they were no just friends. And he knew they knew that. He knew they hated him. Well he knew why Wayo hated him, he didn't know why Ming hated him even before he started dating Kit. 

And he knew what they were doing to him. He knew it quite well actually. And pity, they got it. They got rid of him. 

Seeing Wayo tonight opened a lot of old wounds. Ones he thought healed. He still thought about it. What happened. Why it happen. Why was it that his friendship wasn't strong enough after all those years to bear with that storm called Wayo?