64. SolitarY Hearts

(A/n: I know mostly people do not like the arc I'm taking Pete's story to. Most don't even want to feel sympathetic towards him but I will write it this way anyway)

##~~

Beam gave the girl sitting beside him an annoyed look. She had sobered up but was still pretty wasted. He sighed and patted her shoulder. "What happened?"

"S-she left me... that happen..." She sobbed again and Beam bit on his lower lip.

"Was that your big smart plan to get over your heartbreak? Getting drunk and offering yourself to some total stranger? Yeah, cuz sex can rule out pain!" he spat his words angrily and the girl made a scared puppy face like she just got caught doing something wrong by none other than her dad.

Huffing, he shot a murderous glare to the boy leaned against the wall who visibly gulped. "I-I swear... I was just going to leave her here..."

"Oh with your track record with drunk people? Yeah sure I believe you" Beam snapped so sharply, Pete felt his words cutting through his ears.

"Come on... I'm not... it's okay if you think I'm a jerk..."

"Oh, I know for a fact that you're a certified jerk!" Beam said crossly.

"Okay... yeah fine... but please, I'm not a rapist or something... and she..." Pete huffed exasperatedly. "Come on She... She could be as old as my aunt!"

"Hey!" Namtan protested. She even reached to try kick the guy. "P'Beam! That jerk face called me old! Kick him!"

"I'm not Arthit who'd love kicking people around!" Beam huffed. "Though I do want to kick you right now!"

Namtan pouted. Still sobbing.

"What else would you do? Hurting yourself?" Beam asked.

"Yup. That was the plan" Pete chipped in.

"Shut up!" They both snapped at him and he threw his hands up in the air. He was just out to get himself drunk!

"I just... want to feel no pain"

Beam huffed. "You feel pain because you're a normal human being. That's what we do. We feel pain and emotion and at times, shit happens! That's what you call life. It's no life if there's no up and down. That's a fairytale"

Pete looked up at Beam while Namtan
sobbed. "But..."

"Why did she leave?" Beam asked and she looked down.

Beam sighed. "Look kiddo. Pain is inevitable. When there's love, there's pain and hurt and suffering too. But you can't give up on what you are and what defines you because of a person who left you behind" He sighed again. "And even if you think that you can get over them or the pain they gave by hurting yourself or drowning yourself in sex or alcohol. It won't. Only time can heal pain and wounds"

"What if it doesn't?" She asked.

"That's a possibility. Yes" Beam said. "But... there's also a possibility that something even better is waiting for you out there. You can't lose yourself in pain. Not over one person"

She sniffed and tried to wipe her eyes, trying to nod. While Pete eyed Beam and then Forth who was staring at Beam with a pained expression. He huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Damn! You talk like a century old virgin spirit" he said and got smacked on the head by Forth.

"Shut up!" Beam huffed.

"You shut up before I kick you!" Lam walked in to snap at Beam and then Beam made the same scared puppy face Namtan was making a while ago.

"But Lam-"