6. Surprises

“HEY!”

He didn't waste a second to move and had the boy secured in his arms even before he hit the ground. He looked down at the teary face of that thin fair skinned boy who looked extremely exhausted.

Was he that heartbroken over that douche?

Yes, he heard it all. Not that he meant to. He liked sitting alone and thinking and that was what he was doing. He was just about to pass by in hurry to get back with his guys at basketball court when he saw that bastard punch and pull the poor boy.

He knew that boy. He was observant, he had noticed the boy since day one. He always noticed him. The boy had the purest of eyes he’d ever seen. He was always so quiet and tired. He was always looking down. He had never seen that innocent boy talk back to anyone before today.

He'd tell him he was brave. He will. But where the fuck was that blood coming from?

“Kao! Oh God! He’s bleeding!” June sounded alarmed.

“He’s.. damn it!” he found himself cursing. “Let’s get him to hospital—"

“Intochar…” they heard the faint mumble from the restless boy. “Dr. Yihwa..” and with that, the boy passed out in his arms. But that was not it for them.

Getting to the hospital, he received the shock of a lifetime. That innocent and harmless looking kid, the one who could score a basket from outside the court and walk away like it was nothing, who basically passed all exams with 100% score was over a month pregnant.

"But..."__June

He looked at the gaping June with raised eyebrows.

"But..." June still couldn't grasp it. He eyed Thada with doubt. Thada raised an eyebrow. "Oi! Fucker Thada you knocked up a dude?"

Thada blinked. Then he sighed and rolled his eyes. "Your smart brain would out Einstein to complex"

June blinked. "You just made fun of me didn't you?"

"Been like two hours he’s in there" Thada totally ignored the stupid question. He was not interested in anything other than his shop and basketball. June knew that, still he was sprouting nonsense.

How exactly June’s brain worked was still a mystery to the world.

"But..." this time June spoke in a small voice. "He's so..." his voice cracked in fear. "So much blood, how can he even carry a baby?" He remembered the fragile figure.

Thada looked down but didn't show any reaction. Just then the pale man who'd been inside with Kao, came out with his mouth tight shut.

They both stood up abruptly.

"You! Come with me" the man barked at Thada who only raised his eyebrows as a sign of surprise before he followed the doctor.

"Sit" that tone even made a person like Thada flinch, who according to June was born with the resting bitch face. He sat obediently, waiting for the scolding. But then he remembered that he hadn't done anything to be scolded for.

But clearly the doctor thought otherwise. Thada’s mouth was wide opened the more he listened to the man.

"... then be smart and use condoms you morons!"

That was the first time Thada looked up at the doctor, his signature frown long gone.

"Em... okay?" He leaned back in surprise when the doctor banged on the desk.

"A baby isn't a joke you fucking moron! Do you even realize the danger they both are in even without the whole malnourished and stressed out parent carrying that little baby inside him? He's the second only case of male pregnancy in this country. He was lucky I already landed here or else he'd be dead and it's only just been one month"