61. Skeletons Out

(A/n: my sadistic brain *so... you guys are happy speculating Ming is the stalker? 😈😈

And as I said, if you hate the re uploads of previous chapters, don't read em)

##~~

Pharm sat up with a start. Looking around, realizing he was in his room, in his own bed, he wiped his eyes. Those damn bad dreams again. 

He sighed and leaned back.It helped when he was sleeping in dad's room but dad hasn't been home for days now. He sighed again. And he was so worried past days. His shrink always said stress triggers the trauma. 

"You had a dream again?"

Pharm gasped and looked up in panic, only to sigh when he saw his grandpa. Grandpa was the second man ever that he could feel relax being near. There were only a fare few by now. Forth and Team being the latest addition to it. "How did you know? Oh, did I wake you up?"

Ben smiled and sat on the bed beside him. "Do you know how long I've spent watching over your dad while he had those dreams? I can tell. And I heard you"

"Em..." Pharm bit his lower lip. 

Ben looked at his face with a slight smile. "But thanks to you, I was spared that pain"

Pharm looked up at him, blinking and pointed at himself. "Me? How?"

Ben smiled and ruffled his hair. "You happened to him ofcourse. I can't say he ever got over the trauma of losing his child. I know... we had a couple of miscarriages before we had Beam but... we got through them, it's never easy losing a child but..."

"It was different for dad"

"Yeah... it was. That's why... I thought, I might end up losing my only child too. Once again. But then you came and he started smiling, and playing with you and eating with you..." Ben sighed. "What I'm trying to say here is... you might sometimes feel trapped in your pain, but to him, you are a blessing" 

Pharm blinked. Then a shy smile appeared on his face.

"And..." Ben tilted his head. "It does pass. Eventually"

"I don't have bad dreams. Mostly. When I do, I sleep with dad and Oon and it goes. I'm not even scared to associate with people you know. Mostly. But other times, I run for hills" Pharm smiled thinly. 

"Does Beam even know you still have them?"

Pharm puffed his cheeks. "We don't talk about a lot of things but... we always know. You know, Oon thinks he can chase away bad dreams. Then he found out dreams can't run because you know... they don't have feet and he felt tricked"

Ben laughed. "Why don't you sleep again? I'll stay here"

"Em... really?" Pharm bit his lower lip. 

"Yeah, come on, go back to sleep" Ben tucked him in. "I'm here"

Suddenly Pharm turned to him. "Grandpa... how long are you staying? You never stay"

Ben  smiled. "At least till you brother isn't home... and your birthday. I always stay for your birthday, don't I?"

Pharm nodded with a smile. Birthdays are so fun. Not because of grandpa spoiling them. Because of the fits their drama queen dad throws seeing the things he buy them. He was about to close his eyes when his  phone rang and he sat up again, more worried to find his dad's caller ID.

"Dad?"

"Why are you awake?" was what he was asked from the other line with a worried, angry tone. "Were you scared? You had a dream again? Is grandpa with you?"