35

Kao knew what phase he was in. So the sudden waves of happiness or sadness, sudden silly thoughts that made him doubled with laughter or small things that made him cry, they didn't overwhelm him that much. He was still a normal human being, thank you very much he'd dare you to say otherwise if you don't value your bones.

He giggled as he washed his hands happily. He had Thada to break their bones. Shu.. monsters, don't tell him!!

He giggled again at the silliness of how he was sharing secret talks with his babies who weren't yet born. And why was he calling them monsters? He didn't know, he just picked it up from Thada who talks to them before they sleeps every night. He always calls them monsters. Kao throws tantrum but really, he likes it too. Weird..

"Ihihi.."

"Aren't you too bubbly for a person who had an accident?"

Kao stopped laughing immediately as he turned off the faucet and tried to walk out but Pete stood in his way. Blocking him.

"I.." Pete gave him a hesitant look but held onto Kao's hand when he tried to walk past him. "Wait! Please! I swear no more crap! I just.. I just want to apologise to you"

Kao blinked. He looked up at Pete's face and frowned. "You got in a fight again?" Was the first thing he spoke.

Pete touched his mouth and sighed. "I guess.." he looked at Kao's face who blinked at him innocently. He looked healthy, a bit chubbier.

Not like two to three months ago when he was always sleep deprived and tired.

Seeing Pete stare at his so intently, Kao poked the hand holding him with his index. "Let go of me.." he pouted.

Pete let go immediately, feeling flustered. "I.. are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"How did you.." Kao stopped. He didn't think of it before but the whole class asked him and Sandee was beside herself, nagging him.

He looked at Pete's face again and sighed, unconsciously moving his fingers on the wound on Pete's face. "He did it, didn't he?" He asked a surprised Pete. "I'm sorry.."

"Why're you sorry?" Pete asked him curiously. He leaned against the basin. "You still live with him? He's a brute"

Kao's face expression changed. "Weren't you going to apologise to me? Come on, do it" he said coldly.

Pete blinked.

"Go on, apologise for sleeping with me by mistake, apologise for every single time you were a bastard to me in last one year, apologise for all the times you bullied me and then apologise for the harsh thing you did or said to me, come on!"

Pete opened and closed his mouth, Kao never speaks like that, does he?

"I.. I.. I'm sorry.."

Kao smiled thinly. "See, that wasn't so difficult now, was it?  You should clean your own dirt before pointing at others, don't you agree?" He patted Pete's shoulder and moved past him but then stopped when Pete called him.

"So you scored a place with those.. bikers and now you're all smart mouth?" Pete blurted out. "What if it was me who beat him?"

Kao turned to look him in the eye. "I will cut your dick and shove it up your ass! It won't hurt much, now would it? You already have something stuck up there by default"

Pete gaped at Kao.

Kao blinked at him with fake innocence. "What? Cat got your tongue? Huh? Don't wanna.. push me around any more? I like doing that don't you?" He smiled sarcastically. Well blame his pregnant ass, but he likes himself for the look on the bastard's face.