10

FLASHBACK

"...honestly, I didn't expect mom to be this civil with us" he had been talking, more like rambling for sometime now to defuse the awkward environment in the car. Wayo had been moody all through the dinner with Pha's family. It didn't help that Pha himself was not feeling well in his heart with Beam been MIA for over a month. He was so worried, his heart always jumping out of his chest every time he received a message or call. But Wayo wanted this meet up out of nowhere and he was too persistent. Now he was too quiet. "Well one good thing out of this dinner, atleast I know she didn't mind me dating a guy--"

Wayo snorted. "Seriously? So, I am the issue. Perfect. I'm not good enough  for their great son, here I was thinking that's normal Kongthanin behavior"

Pha blinked. "Yo... our society is not that open minded, it takes time for families to accept can't  this. You can't just--"

"My father accepted you in a blink"

Pha had an urge to roll his eyes. He wanted to mention how Yo's father would even accept a cockroach or a person with frog feet, as long as Yo asked for it. Instead he settled with, "Well, all families are different, mom raised us as cold perfectionists, it will take time to break the ice"

"Oh perfection..." Yo looked down. "That makes sense, I'm not perfect, I'm far far far from perfect right, a stupid little boy who can't even drive himself to school"

"Yo! No one said that!"

"So who's perfect for you P'Pha?" he was always good at shedding tears. "P'Beam right? Oh yeah, she must want the perfectly independent Casanova for her genius son, not someone like me, I'm nothing compared to him, especially his skills. A virgin like me can't beat slut like him" he chuckled between sobbing. "He got lost from our lives yet he's still right there. Can't he be gone for good?"

Pha gave him an incredulous look. "Tell me you did not mean it"

"I did, I meant every word of it. P'Forth did the best thing he could, it served him right. I hope he never comes back. I hope he's dead somewhere, I hope he rots. WHAT ELSE YOU EXPECT?"

Pha held the steering wheel tightly. He drove quietly, as carefully as he could while doing his best to control the rage building up inside him. He stopped right outside their dorm.

"Get out" he said quietly.

"But we planned to get ice cream. P'Pha~" Yo held onto his arm, speaking in a scared tone. "Are you mad at me? Yo sorry na P! I didn't mean it na"

"Not now Wayo, please"

"No, no, no, you stay here with me" Yo became stubborn. "You don't love me anymore? Is it because I won't sleep with you? Let's do it-"

"What the fuck Yo!" Pha exclaimed. "Don't you know me at all? Don't you get why I'm mad right now? Don't you see what you just said about my best friend who's missing for over a month now?"

"No I don't. I don't care for him. He did it to himself, he came between Ming and P'Kit, he's always between you and me. He's always more important to you than me, even the times you're with me, you worry for him, you keep check on him like you do with me. Why you do that? I'm your boyfriend not him. You didn't even mind when P'Kit started dating Ming but you created such a big deal when you found out about him and P'Forth. Why? You're still not over him till now? They say it right huh, Beam Baramee is everyone's type" Wayo was shouting now. 

Pha pinched his nose bridge. He was at his breaking point now, he wanted to be away from Yo because he didn't want to say or do something bad to this stupid boy but Wayo seemed to not get it. "What the fuck are you blabbering about?  He is my fucking best friend! You and Ming both agreed with my concern that time. You said it yourself Forth was in love with you-- you know what... never mind. Please Yo, get out of the car"