27

This chapter mainly focuses on Kao. Maybe...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Earlier that day..

"I caught you"

Kao hurriedly put the wrapper away and chocked. Beam gave him a water bottle. "I thought P'Yi told you to keep it low on caffeine and fatty stuff" Kao pouted cutely giving him wide puppy eyes trying hard not to look guilty.

"May didn't know maybe.." he hurriedly drank more water.

Beam narrowed his eyes. "Or maybe you didn't tell her. Look you can have coffee once in a while but only once in a while"

Kao scrunched his face. "But.. I've lived my whole life on coffee, it's hard to let go of habits" then he jumped excitedly. "Is that your son? Anh... can I hold em? Please pretty please"

Beam laughed and put Arthit in Kao's arms who looked at him in wonder.

"Woh.. I've seen kids this small in orphanage" his smile left his face. "Small hands... my babies would be really tiny?" he asked in wonder.

Beam smiled. "Why don't you do me a favor? Guard him while I attend a meeting. I wanted to put him in day care but he started throwing a tantrum" he asked Kao who nodded excitedly. He was bored of his life. Then he frowned in confusion.

"What if he wakes up and cry? What if I can't calm him down? If he hates me?"

Beam's smile widened. "Kao... sweetheart, your kids won't hate you if they know that you love them and you have already decided you'd raise them, that's enough for now you have plenty of time, just think of making sure you get through this fine. And this little rascal, he loves food and cute things and baby dance, don't try to kiss or pinch his cheeks, you'll get along"

"You know it's so weird.. I sleep and eat and sleep more.. then I cry and eat and then sleep" Kao told him timidly. "I never had this much time, study then work and then tutoring and sometimes I had to do night jobs when I was short of money. And then assignments and exams" He went on. "I don't know what to do?" he asked with wide eyes.

Beam smiled sadly. "You're still the top of your class?"

Kao grinned. "I have a high IQ, I just won the innovative youth award all over the Asia, but..
I can complete this semester but not after I start showing. I would lose my scholarship though but once they're settled down, I can study again right? Maybe...
They're more important after all" he looked so lost and anxious.

"Hmm... ofcourse. You can home school too. I did" but I had enough to do that. The last part he just thought to himself. He sat beside Kao and took his hand in his own. "Kao.. kiddo you can talk to me whenever you want. Whatever you want to talk about"

Kao smiled thinly. "Really?" he teared up. "You won't leave me?"

Beam blinked. 'I won't leave you Beamie, pinky promise'

"I used to think I had San.. but look I don't have her now with me. I have people with me now but.. she's been the only family I'd known for.. years. Only friend I ever had. And when I needed her the most in my life...

"I know" Beam patted his head. "And I promise, look at me.. I'm already here don't you see? I even bought a car" he joked. "I'll always be there, all you need to do is, ask. One call or text and I'm there, no matter what. I might not always be able to help but I will always be there" he put emphasis on every word. "And I know you might not be able to talk to Thada and June about everything but they are here. How many time do I have to say it huh?"

Kao pouted and looked down. "I know... I feel like a jerk every time I doubt them but I... I need a smack on my head maybe"

Beam laughed. "Don't worry about money anymore. You have your sweet and handsome big brother here. Just be happy and keep them happy"