48

(A/n: with all that's going on around the world.. I just want to say every single life matters regardless of color, race, gender or religion. You can't treat any human being as less than a human, you can't hate a whole nation because one person from that nation turned out bad. You can't judge people by what God they believe in and you can not differentiate among people because of their skin color. Yeah, some say to stop calling everything racism, right, not every single thing should be considered as racism, but that doesn't mean you see a person of different color or race, and you point all your battleships in their direction. 

Justice should not be weighed according to color, race or religion. People are dying all around the world because we don't believe in equality. That's all I want to say here)

##~~

Dome looked at the guy sitting across him on the breakfast table. He looked almost scary. Dome looked down at his hot chocolate with a pout.

He was so excited to come here to papa Forth and Daddy Tim. But ever since they came, he only see people not liking him. It made him sad. He was happy to live with papa Forth but then that phi got mad at him for playing with his pups. He didn't know they were his, he just wanted to play. He didn't know he made things hard for papa.

Then he saw his older cousin who never smiled, or talked nicely or even looked at him and his mom brought them to live in his grandparents big house.

He was bored and now that cousin sat in front of him, looking so angry and scary as his mom nagged at him. His mom never shouted at him so he was scared seeing her shout at the older boy. Aren't older people supposed to have better manners?

Dome didn't like when he shouted at his mom and said mean things. Why did he have to blame his mom?

She was the best. He was smart, he knew how much trouble it took mom to raise him, even if mom didn't say it. He knew it was important that her family didn't know hin even uf she never said it to him. Still he never felt like a burden. She never let him. He thought maybe they will be more happy here.. have people and more friends but no one seemed to like him. P'Pete just called him some bad things that Dome didn't understand. But he knew it was bad. He's the smartest kid his age you know!!

He pursed his lips when his older cousin pushed from his seat and stood up, storming out again not even looking at him.

"Mom.."

"I know baby.." Prae tilted her head with a tired smile on her face. Pete didn't come home all night and when he did, he looked like hell.

"Don't worry.. we are brave people right?" She smiled when his sad face lit up a little and he nodded.

She sighed. She knew he just didn't want to worry her. She had gone through so much in past years, that only made her more brave. But what she was doing did not just take nerve, it took a lot more. She knew hard time was coming and the way Pete behaved with her now was just like a drop in a bucket full of water.

There was more to come. Worse. But she had to prepare to protect her Dome at any cost.

"Khun, there is a gentleman outside to meet you" 

She looked up at the servant. "Who?"

"Some Mr. Lam"

Dome gasped and got off his seat. "Grandpa!!" he shrieked as he ran out.

##~~