11

How does life turn out the way it does? One turn and you find yourself standing in an unknown place. Where to go next from here?

Could he  really look after a baby with the way he is right now? How would he provide a roof for his baby? What about food and clothes and good education? The baby can't have the life he had, he won't allow that. But, then what?

With a sigh, he bumped his head at the headboard. Why was it just him contemplating on the future while that person was there living his life? He must've found a way to get San to believe in him after Kao wasn't in the picture. He wished for his best friend's sake, Pete never gets to win her heart. She deserved better. 

Pete, I wish you were even half of a real man so I could have the courage to tell you about this beautiful little miracle.

Yeah, not once Kao thought his baby was anything other than a miracle. He 

"Here. Your cupcakes" Thada placed a box in his lap. He looked at the man's face with pursed lips. Why are they always here? He comes and sits there quietly, he brings food and look to all Kao's needs and then he leaves. Every time he does, Kao get's scared thinking this might be it. Thinking that he might be left alone again. Thinking he might not come back. But that quiet and scary guy always comes back and Kao finds himself staring at him and thinking why? Why he won't leave?

"Huh... what is it?" Thada asked with a frown.

Kao looked down hastily, scared. He's always scared of that man. But he still feels so safe and cared for when he comes back. He shook his head. Thada sighed and to Kao's surprise, he sat beside him. Kao got flustered even more when Thada held his hand, drawing circles on it, trying to calm him down. 

"I... I wasn't... damn" Thada scratched his head awkwardly. "When I said if you want the baby or not... that wasn't to... scare you, I was just... asking" he blew. "I'm sorry I scared you"

Kao narrowed his eyes with a pout. "You shout scarily when you ask stuff? How weird" he mumbled.

Thada half smiled half grimaced and patted Kao's head, looking away. "It... will be okay" Then he jumped in horror when out of nowhere, Kao hugged him from side, shaking and sobbing. "Wha-" he looked around in panic. "What did.. did I say something wrong?" 

Kao shook his head and  started wailing. "You.." hic " You're so ni-nice.." hic "Th-thannk you.." hic

"I'm sorr- I mean.. yeah it's okay... guess" Thada said carefully, not wanting to make it worse. "It's nothing... you're a friend now" apparently, that wasn't the right thing to say as it took a horrified Thada an hour to calm him down afterwards.

"I'm hungry" Kao pouted. And Thada very gratefully ran for his bike.

##~~

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

"Yo..."

"He didn't come... he didn't come back... he did not..." he gulped down his alcohol.