22

"Heiooo Porr"

Forth's face instantly lit up as he crouched and took the little boy in his arms. He didn't notice the shock on Pha's face.

"Oh hello little man. How are you?" He played with the cute little hat on Arthit's head. "You're here again"

Arthit huffed so cutely and started rambling about his ruined day because now dada had to go 'make babies' and now he was stuck here with his tupid cousin who steals his dada. Forth laughed, looking at the boy dearly.

"He'll get you lots of ice cream when he's done. He promised right?" Forth told the boy who nodded happily.

"Dada no bweak pwomish" Arthit informed him proudly.

"Yeah? You have a good dad. Are you a good boy too?" Forth asked the little devil who's face fell. Then he got teary as he started recounting how P'Faam no tawk to him and how he had to cry and beg and now everything was under control. Arthit explained it all in detail and Forth was very attentive. 

"Your big brother loves you na" Forth stood up with Arthit in his arms.

Arthit stretched and yawned, rubbing his eyes. Then pouted at Forth. "Aathi waab P'Faam moww na" he yawned again.

Forth held him close. "Can I kiss you? Pleaseeee"

Arthit giggled and and held Forth's cheeks. Forth rubbed his nose on Arthit's cheek and the boy giggled again. "Arthit. Can I keep you?"

Arthit bit his lips, thinking hard, then rested his head on Forth's shoulder like it was his exclusive property. "But dada won sweep at night na, he mish Aathi" he looked very serious. "Aathit woud mawry porr but Aathit aas to mawry dada when Aathit grow up"

Forth made a sad face. "Can't you rethink?" 

Arthit shook his head. "Aathit waab dada mowr na. Dada shoo mowr pwetty, mowr quut, mowr shtong. Dada iz shupahewro" he told Forth proudly. It made the tall person still looking at their interaction with awe, smile widely.

"You love your dad?" Pha found himself asking before he could stop. 

Arthit nodded animatedly. "Eumphh. Sho sho shoooo mowr" he extended his arms and yawned again. "Numba 1 dada, numba 3 P'Faam"

"And me?" Forth asked expectantly and Arthit giggled shyly, 

"Nooo tell" he put both hands on his mouth.

"Aww please na" still no can budge Arthit. Forth knew it was childish to be so infatuated with a stranger's child but he couldn't stop himself. He just couldn't stop wishing every time he saw the little devil that he had that child.  "Okay what's number 2?"

"Pin milk" 

Forth laughed and put the boy down who ran to his brother who sat in the waiting area just outside the emergency. He laughed when Pharm pouted and glared at his little brother then looked up at him and waved. He waved back.

"How do you know them?" Pha asked, his face had an unreadable expression. 

Forth sighed with a smile. "They shifted in my neighbors" Pha blinked. He burst out laughing. Forth gave him a surprised look when he patted Forth's back and walked away.

"Good luck. You need it"

##~~

"Wait!!"

Thada turned around with a frown and watched the tiny girl run towards him. He sighed. He wasn't in the mood for this. He already was late and Kao didn't show up or pick his calls. It wasn't something worrisome, Kao had mood swings.