16

FLASHBACK

"Move your ass Beam! I'm starving"

Beam looked up from his notes and smiled sweetly, the smile that according to Pha could scares away the devil himself. "Kitty, Kitty, I don't need to hurry to get my lunch, I'm not the one with short legs, you are"

Kit instantly saw red and decided to jump on Beam but got caught mid air by Pha. "Enough ladies, stop fighting" he rolled his eyes when Kit hissed at him instead. "Let's go Beam, stop bullying him"

"But I'm still working, he's the one disturbing me" Beam pouted.

Kit gasped seeing that. "Oh you did not! Pha don't get affected by that face" that earned him a smack on his head.

"Stop being a drama queen"__Pha

"Wa.." Kit was at loss. How was he the drama queen? "See! You play favorites, you always take Beam's side"

"Because he loves me more" Beam chirped and it was his turn to get smacked. "Ouch Pha" 

"We're in our second year of high school but you are still a kid" Pha scolded him then turned to Kit. "Satisfied?" and indeed, Kit looked very much satisfied. Pha shoved him to move then pulled Beam by rounding an arm around his shoulders. "Tell me, why do like annoying him too much?" he whispered in Beam's ear. They had been together since their diaper days, they knew each other inside out, they never felt awkward showing affection towards each other or pulling each other's leg.

Especially Pha treated Beam like he'd treat someone very close to their heart and it wasn't wrong. He did sometimes felt like he literally was a dad to Beam, with the way Beam behaved with him. He, the ultimate tease, the guy who could break hearts or make people faint with his one killer smile, the Casanova prince, loved to act spoiled in front of Pha and get whatever he wanted from the guy. When Beam's father left and Pha, at the innocent age of eight told him that he should never cry for a dad, that he was a big boy and he can be Beam's dad, Beam really took his words to heart. 

Beam looked up at his tall friend and grinned brightly. "He looks so cute when he's mad, shu... don't tell him"

Pha held his laughter and pulled Beam in for a headlock. "You are headache! Just coz you think the guy looks cute, doesn't mean you annoy him to death" 

"Oooo okay Phaaaa sorry sorry" 

Pha let go of Beam, laughing hard but then gave the pale guy a scrutinizing look. "Tell me, are you in love with him or what?" 

Beam looked at Pha's face. "How did you know?"

"What? Be--"

"Ahahaha... gotcha" Beam danced around happily. "You idiot! Do I look that bored with my life? Let me tell you, if I'm gonna fall for either one of you, it's gonna be you not that shorty" he told Pha very seriously. "Atleast you like to stay clean"

Pha blinked. Then frowned. "Seriously--"

"Yeah seriously, in your dreams... HAHAHA" He ran to take protection from Kit before Pha could catch him. That was Beam for you, the cheerful and carefree king of tease.

And that day, he was chirpier than usual, he laughed and joked more. He didn't see the person staring intently at him from behind the pillar with pink milk in his hands, he realize that one joke of his would change all their lives in the future.

.
.

"Pha.. your shitty son is still not ready" Kit told Pha making him roll his eyes.