~Chapter 77~

Lola's P.O.V

"Hey, Lola can we talk?" Shane asked as he walks into the bedroom. I look up from the book I was reading. 

"Yeah, sure what's up?" He sits down in front of me and grabs my hands. 

"If something were bothering you, you would tell me right?" I look down. 

"Kane said something didn't he?" 

"So you did talk to him?" I look up at him. 

"Yeah, I did." 

"Why didn't you come to me?" I shrug. 

"Because I wasn't planning on saying anything but he asked and I just needed a friend at that moment. Honestly, I don't want to talk to you about any of it because you look at me differently and start to feel guilty like it's all on you." He swallows harshly and looks down for a second. 

"I know this isn't easy for you and I know it's not going to be for a very long time. But I'm here for you. I don't care if it hurts me to know how you are feeling. It hurts me more when you go to someone else and leave me thinking you're okay. I rather know." I let out a small sigh. 

"Okay," He searches my eyes. 

"Do you want to talk about it right now?" I shake my head. 

"No, I just want you to hold me." He nods. 

"Okay, beautiful." He moves on to the bed while kicking off his shoes and taking his shirt off. I lay on his chest and draw patterns. I listen to his heartbeat for a while. "I love you. Lola." He breathes after a while. I look up at him and smile. 

"I love you too." He bends down and kisses me. I kiss him back. 

"Get some sleep." 

Ava's P.O.V

The creaking of the door caught my attention and I look up to see James. I sit up as he walks up to the door. He avoids my eyes as he unlocks the door. "Come on." I get up and walk out. I walk up the steps and out the door. Instead of going to the kitchen he brought me to his room. He shut the door behind him and I looked at him. 

"Why did you bring me in here?" 

"Because there are some people here that you aren't allowed to see and we don't want them knowing you are here." He walks around me to his dresser and grabs the box of pizza. "Sit and eat." I sit on the bed as he sets the pizza box on it. "You have an hour before you have to be back in the cell so enjoy." He looked tired. I sighed. 

"I'm not hungry and I barely got sleep last night so just take me back to the cell." I said standing up. He looks at me. 

"You haven't eaten in two days. You need to eat." I shake my head. 

"You need sleep and like I said I'm not hungry." He scuffs as he stands up. 

"You don't just get to care about me after you decide to attack someone I care about. You weren't thinking about me when you did that. Eat the damn food." I cross my arms. 

"What do you want from me? I apologized a million times. Lola is trying to forgive me for the second time but you won't even try too." 

"Of course not because that would make me a even bigger fool than I already am." I let out a dry laugh. 

"You are never going to forgive me are you?" 

"That's the problem, Ava." I look into his eyes. "I forgave you the moment I found out. I hate myself because I can't stop loving you. I hate you for putting me in a position where I have to choose from my brother or you. I hate you because I can't give you the world like I promised." I roll my eyes. 

"I get it, James. You hate." He shakes his head as he cups my face. 

"I hate you because I love you too damn much. I just want so much for us but you made a decision without coming to me first." A tear slipped down my cheek and I look away from his eyes. 

"Take me back." I whisper. 

"Ava," He whispers. I look at him. His eyes were soft. He looked down at my lips. "Please sit and eat." I take a deep breath. 

"Okay," His breathing was heavy and he made no sign of moving. "What's going on in your mind?" His eyes go on mine. 

"A battle between my mind and my heart." He whispered. 

"Which is winning?" He lets out a small laugh. 

"My heart." My heart started to pound. 

"And what does your heart want?" His thumb traced my bottom lip as his eyes dropped down to it. He lets out a sigh and brings his lips down to mine. I kissed him back almost instantly. He pulled me closer to him and my hand went into his hair. He pulls back with his eyes closed. 

"Promise me you won't put me in this situation again?" He asked with his eyes opened. I gave him a small smile. 

"I promise." He kisses me again and kisses me on my cheek.