~Chapter 68~

We walked into a room with that had a window, a door, and 3 chairs. I looked out the window and saw 3 cells. There were chairs outside of them and a bed in them. I noticed one was being taken up by Ava. James stood leaning on a wall crossed from her.

Kane walked up to the glass to and there was a speaker with a few buttons. He pressed one. "James, can you come here for a second?" Kane said. James looked at Ava and walked over to the steps. The door opens and he sees me.

"Lola!?" He said looking shocked. I looked down nervously.

"Ahh, hi," I said. I expected him to be mad or something but he wrapped me in a hug.

"I'm so glad you're ok." He said. I hugged him back and then he pulled away. "I'm so sorry." I shook my head.

"You couldn't have known, James. I don't blame you." I said. He gives me a soft smile.

"Are you here to-?"

"I'm just making sure you're ok," I said. He crossed his arms.

"You were the one who ended up in the ER and you're worried about me?" He asked.

"I've had time to pity myself but I'm worried about you," I said. He looked down at her.

"You think you know people." He said. I nodded. He looks at me. "Shane wants her dead." I looked down.

"I stood up for her and end up in the ER. Whatever happens to her is her own fault." I said. He nodded.

"I just wish it didn't have to be this way. I know she wants to change it's just she wants revenge." He said. I looked down at her. "I should probably go back-."

"You need rest and food. Don't worry she isn't going anywhere." I said. He gives me a small smile.

"You won't let him kill her while I'm gone?" He asked. I nodded. As much as I hated her I didn't want her to end up dead. He hugs me again. "I'm really glad you're ok." I smiled.

"Come on I'll walk you out," Kane said to him. He turned to me. "If you want out, knock on the door it will open." He said. I nod. They walk out and I stared down at her. She was curled up in a ball. I signed and bit down the lump in my throat. I opened the door and walked down the steps. I walked over to her cell and she stayed still.

"Shane finally ready to kill me?" She asked still not moving. I pulled up a chair in front of her cell and sat down. "Silent treatment? I guess I deserve that." She said lifting her head. Her eyes went wild. "Lola?" Her voice was shaky. "The girl who just won't stay dead. I gotta say I'm surprised." 

"What do I say? I guess I'm meant to be here." I said. She scoffed and turned away.

"So you're the one who gets to kill me? How ironic?" She said.

"If I wanted you dead you would be," I said. She giggled dryly.

"I could have said the same about you but you just won't die." She said. I scoffed turning to the side.

"I stood up for you and you almost kill me? You're way of thanking someone is amazing." I said.

"Thanking you? Oh please, you only saved my life out of generosity. As if you ever gave a damn about me?" She said. I looked at her.

"I may not have liked the fact that you dated Shane in the past or whatever you call it but that didn't mean I hated you. I saved your life because everyone deserves a second chance." I said. She turns to me.

"And what about a third chance?" She asked. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, so you can finish what you started?" I asked. I stood up. "It's funny you try to kill me and yet I still think you deserve a third chance. Talking about ironic." She looks down.

"I hurt him didn't I?" She asked. I was confused.

"Shane?" I asked.

"James. I didn't want him to be hurt. I just wanted to keep my promise. I never thought I'd be able to feel this way about something or someone and yet I do." She said. I sighed.

"Yeah, it's weird you can know someone your whole life and never think of them in such a way, and then one day they become your everything," I said. She looks up at me.

"I'm sorry. Marco made it seem like all my problems would fix if you weren't in the way. He showed me this video of you and James in a tent together and I thought you were trying to take him from me. I don't know why I got all jealous when I saw you with Shane. I don't have any feelings for him. James is the one I  want to be with." I nodded.

"Nice try Ava but no one's buying your bullshit. You had one chance to have a life and you wasted it." Shane said walking down the steps. She looks at him.

"I didn't expect anyone to give me another chance. I just thought he should know I didn't lead him on. I do love him. But I deserve whatever you plan to do. At least I'll be with my real father." I felt sorry for her. I looked down. I stood up and walked over to the steps and Shane walks up to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I mastered a fake smile and looked at him.

"Just got a lot on my mind," I said. He grabbed my hand and walked up the steps. I follow him and as soon as the door shut he pulls me to him.

"Tell me." He said. I looked in his eyes.

"I don't want her to die, Shane," I said. He looked shocked. "She doesn't deserve to. She tried to kill me. So what? She should be punished brought to jail for it not murdered." He just listened and stayed quiet.

"OK." He said.

"Shane I know but- what?" I asked.

"I said ok. She doesn't deserve to die. But she isn't just going to walk out of here. So she stays here. She did the crime so she's gonna do the time. In some time she may learn we're not the enemy." He said. I smiled. He kisses me.

"You've changed so much," I said. He puts his forehead to mine.

"Because you changed me." He said. I giggle.