~Chapter 37~

"James slept with my girlfriend," Duke said. I looked at James.

"Yeah well, he hasn't been himself lately," I said. James shook his head.

"That one was actually me." He said. I glared at him.

"Of course it was," I said. James rolled his eyes.

"Well, it wasn't just him then," I said turning to Duke.

"She was drunk," Duke said. I looked at James.

"I was too. My friend gave me a drink and I didn't know he spiked it. I took one drink and I was feeling it. In the morning I realized what I did. I meant to apologize but my uncle came early to pick me up." James said. Duke relaxed.

"Why is he even here?" Duke asked. Shane walked up to James.

"He's my brother," Shane said. Duke looked at them.

"This is one fucked up family," Luke mumbled. I nodded.

"You won't hit him?" I asked Duke. He looked at James.

"Nah, but he needs to stay away from my girl." He said. James nodded.

"Noted," James said walking away. Duke looked at the two men by his side.

"These are my good friends. This is Kane." He said.

Kane was mixed with blue eyes. He was muscular. He wore a muscle shirt that from the side showed his muscles. He had brown hair. His camo pants were loaded with a gun, taser, and a walky-talky. He looked at me with a kind smile. I smiled back. He reached out his hand and I did mine.

"It's nice to meet you," I said.

"Nice meeting you too." He said. He winked at me and my face flushed. The other one took a step forward.

"I'm Ron." He said. Ron had the same clothes on as Kane. But Ron wasn't so built. He had lime green eyes and blond hair. He had the same weapons Kane did too. He reached his hand out and I shook it. "Who might you be?" He asked.

"I'm Lola," I said. He nodded.

"Lovely name. Matches your beauty." He said. I giggled. These two where a bunch of flirts.

"Carefully what you say. She's like my little sister." Duke said. They both nodded. Duke looked at me. "They may be flirts but these two are my best men. All my men are respectful to women. Other guys not so much." Duke said. I nodded. Shane looked at me.

"In that case. Lola you can take them to their rooms." Shane said. I looked up at him and nodded. They both turned to Duke.

"Get your stuff in there and meet us at the gym. Be no later than an hour. We have a bunch of training before tonight." He said. They both nodded and turned to me.

"Lead the way," Kane said. I turned to Shane.

"Wait where are their rooms?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Next to ours." He said. I nodded. I began walking to my dorm. They both were on either side of me.

"So is he your boyfriend?" Kane asked. I looked at him.

"Who?" I asked.

"Mr. tall and bossy?" Ron said. I giggled.

"Shane's not that bossy. OK well, he is." I said. They both chuckled. "But no we're not together. They're some days I think we're close but he pushes me away." I said. Ron nodded.

"Sounds like you like him." He said. I nodded.

"Not sure if I should. But I do." I said. Kane looked down at my wrist.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Um... Shane's father." I said. They grew angry.

"What did Shane do?" Ron asked.

"Hopefully killed him," Kane said. I stopped and looked at them both.

"Not everything can be solved with murder. No one deserves to die." I said. They both looked unmoved.