~Chapter 97~

I roll out of bed and run to the bathroom. I throw up until I had nothing to throw up. I decided to take a shower after. I get dressed and wash my mouth. I scrunch my towel through my hair as I walk back to my bedroom. I sigh as I wrap the towel in my hair and grab my phone heading for the stairs. I was trying to be extra quiet for Shane just in case he was sleeping. As I got halfway down them I look in the living room as I saw something moving. Shane held something up to his face as he stared at it. I stop walking as I realized it was the engagement ring he got me. I take a deep breath as I watch him take a deep breath before sitting up. He looks away from it to the stairs and his eyes go on me. "I'm sorry," I said walking down slowly. He clears his throat as he puts the ring back in his pocket and looks away from me. 

"You don't need to apologize, Lola." He mumbles. I stand in the doorway of the living room watching him. He looks at me. "Did our baby wake up her momma again?" he asked as he stood up. I hold my stomach with a small smile.

"Yeah," He walks up to me and bends down to my stomach. 

"Be nice to your mommy. She needs her rest." He said. I smile. He looks up at me as he stands up. He wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath. "Good morning," He breathes. I hug him back. I knew he needed it. 

"Good morning," I say softly. He pulls back and kisses my head. I watch him as he walks over to his phone. The front door opens and I turn a bit to see Lee. He smiles as he walks up to me while wrapping his arms around me. He places a kiss on my cheek. 

"Good morning beautiful," I smile at him. 

"Good morning, why are you here so early?" He narrows his eyes at me. 

"Do you not like seeing me in the morning?" I roll my eyes. 

"It's six in the morning," He sighs as he takes his arms off of me and looks at Shane for the first time. 

"I had finished work and came right over. I didn't know Shane stayed the night." He said looking back at me. I nod. 

"Yeah, he wanted to make sure I was protected while you were gone." He hums. 

"Isn't that Derek's car our front?" He asked. I hit his chest. 

"Stop acting like that. You sleep over when Derek does all the time with the same excuse." He chuckles. 

"I was only messing around calm down." Shane chuckles. 

"Even I knew that." I roll my eyes at them. 

"You both are annoying as hell," I said walking over to the couch. I sit on the big one as Lee walks to the small one and lays down. Shane sits down next to me but with enough distance. I play with my belly while trying to wrap my head around the fact that there is a human being growing inside of me. "What's the news on Mike?" I asked looking over at Lee. He sits up and turns to me. His eyes go on Shane before looking back at me. 

"You told him?" 

"I didn't have to tell him that Mike is still alive. He read my mind in his own way. But I told him the rest." He nods. Shane looks at me. 

"I should have known you would tell him." 

"I didn't have to tell him anything for him to realize I was lying that day in the surveillance room." He swallows harshly. 

"I saw your tell that you do when you are lying but I thought that I imagined it because I wanted it to be a lie so bad." I look down. 

"I'm sorry," He places his hand on my thigh causing me to look at him. He gives me a small smile. 

"Would you please stop apologizing already? I think we can both agree that I am to blame too. You don't have to feel sorry all the damn time." I snort.