~Chapter 13~

“Shane we should get out of here,” Derek said as the bell rings. Shane looks at me.

“Are you ok now?” He asked. I nodded. “Skip going to the art room and find me instead. I might not be outside yet because I have business to attend to do in the school.” He said. I nodded. He then walked out of the bathroom. I sighed.

“Lola what did you get yourself into?” Freya asked.

“Honestly it wasn’t me,” I said. She rolled her eyes and took my hands in hers. Her eyes stared at my hands.

“Are you lying about being ok? I can tell something is bothering you.” She said. I looked up at her.

“If you had a baby and your only choice was to give it up would you?” I asked. She searched my eyes.

“There’s always another choice.” She said. I nodded. “We should get to class.” She said. I didn’t want to. I had art twice in one day. But I couldn’t get a bad grade. I sighed and grabbed my backpack. I headed to the art room where Adam and DJ walk up to me.

“Hey, you ok? Did Shane find you?” Adam said. He told Shane I left the class?

“Yeah, James just got in my head that’s all,” I said walking into the art room.

“Ok well, Derek is dealing with something at the moment and should be coming down since he has this class with you. Stay out of trouble until then.” He said. I nodded. I headed to my seat and grabbed out my sketchbook. I looked to the left to see James talking to another student. He looked at me and stopped talking to him. He then tells them he’ll get back to them and walks up to me. I look away.

“Lola you walked out of my class without reason.” He said. I looked at him.

“Is teacher threatening you a reason?” I asked. He leaned down to my ear.

“If I wanted to threaten you I would have.” He said. I push him away.

“Do you know the meaning of personal space?” I asked.

“You have detention.” He said. My mouth flew open.

“What?” I asked. He nodded.

“Be in here after school.” He said. He walked away just as Derek walks in and sits next to me.

“What did he want?” He asked. I looked at him.

“I have detention,” I said. He looked down at his phone. After what felt like 5 minutes he looked up at the door. Shane walked through. And walked up to me.

“What’s so bad that you had to bring me out of the gym?” He said. I looked at Derek.

“Your idiotic brother gave her detention for walking out of the class,” Derek said. Shane turned and stared at his brother. James walked over to us.

“Hello, brother,” James said. Shane looked bored.

“James you can’t give her detention for walking out of the class.” He said. James looked at me and smiled.

“Having your boyfriend fight your battles?” he said. I looked down.

“She has a medical problem which means you can’t give her detention. If you think I’m lying then ask your boss. I do love to make you wrong.” Shane said.

“What medical problem?” He asked. I looked at Shane.

“Does it matter?” Shane asked.

“If you can’t tell me then I will be forced to believe it was a lie.” He said.   

“I let you come back to school on a Monday and you cause a lot of drama. What will I do with you?” Shane asked looking at me. I smiled sheepishly. “Come on I’m talking you home.” He said. I stand up and so does Derek. “Get Freya and drive her to the house. Do not let her walk in until I am with you.” He said. Derek nodded. Shane grabbed my arm softly and we walked out of the class. When we got out of the school I stopped walking.

“I’m sorry,” I said. He turned to me.

“I’m not blaming you for anything. I’m just going to get you home.” He said.