~Chapter 98~

Shane's P.O.V

I knock on Skye's door and wait for her to answer. When she does she smiles. "Hey, Shane," She as she moved over to let me in. 

"Hey," She walks into the living room to sit back down. I sit down on the other end of the couch as she was folding her clothes. 

"What's going on?" 

"Would you want to go out for breakfast?" She looks at me with a small giggle. 

"You know lying to her isn't going to get you anywhere." I roll my eyes. 

"The less Lola knows the better." 

"You can't pretend that we are together just so she will give Lee a chance. You know as well as I do that as long as he stays your brother she won't." I shrug. 

"I have to try. She just seems happier when he's around. I don't want to stop her from being happy and I can't be with her. I put her into danger." I said. She stands up. 

"Okay, let's go," I give her a confused look. 

"Where are we going?" I ask as I stand up. 

"To breakfast," I chuckle as she slides on her shoes. She looks at me. "You're paying right?" I chuckle again. 

"Yes, Skye, I'm paying." She giggles as she walks out the door. I open the car door for her and she smiles. When we get to the cafe, we take our seats. She looks at me as she leans on the table. 

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked with a small smile playing on her lips. 

"They have the best breakfast food. Did you want to go somewhere else?" She shakes her head as she sits up and looks at her menu. 

"I figured you wanted to come here for Lola to see that you actually asked me." I give her a confused look. 

"What do you mean?" She looks at me and then behind me. I turn to see Lola taking down a table's order. I groan as I turn back to Skye. "I may have forgotten she works here. I've only ever been here a few times and never when she's working. I'm sorry," She shakes her head. 

"If we are to play the part as a couple we mise well let her see." She said looking back at the menu. 

"Skye," She looks at me. "Are you sure you are okay with this? I wouldn't want to take you for granted." She smiles. 

"I just want to be there for you, Shane. I care for you. I know we've only known each other a short time but I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend. I know you love Lola and I can see why. If you want her to be happy even if it's not with you then I envy you. I'm here for you without ever you need. Even if that means a release. Although I feel like we should try to keep sex out of our friendship if you can. But I would help if you needed it." I smile. 

"Why did you say no to me asking you out?" She smiles. 

"Because I do not want a relationship with someone who is in love with someone else. Besides we both were trying to get over our exes. This was just supposed to be sex. I guess I consider you a really good friend. Although you are amazing in bed." I roll my eyes as she giggles. 

"Thank you, beautiful." She nods. 

"Anytime," 

"Welcome to Ben's cafe. What can I get you to start off with?" Lola's voice said. I look at her as she looks away from her clipboard. She smiles as she sees Skye. "Hey, you two." Skye smiles as she looks at Lola. 

"Hello, Lola. How are you feeling today?" Lola smiles as she takes a deep breath. 

"I'm fine. Although it is my day off and I'm here." I look at the table for a moment.