~Chapter 78~

I wake up at 3 in the morning to Shane getting into the shower. I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I slip into the shower and wrap my arms around him. He hums which turns into a chuckle. "Two rounds wasn't enough for you?" He asked. I smile as I kiss his back. 

"I was just seeing if you were okay." I lied. He turns to me. 

"While I'm naked and in the shower?" I nodded. He rolls his eyes.  "You are a terrible liar." I giggle as he picks me up and presses my back on the shower. His lips go on mine. I kiss him back and tug on his hair. He pulls back and presses his forehead to mine. He breathes heavily as his eyes stay closed. "I'm okay, Lola. You don't have to worry." He whispers. I look at him confused. His eyes open and look into mine. 

"That's not what your eyes stay." He sighs. 

"I will be okay as soon as I know you are happy. Until then it's going to be a bumpy ride." 

"I am happy, Shane." He shakes his head. 

"Not what I meant." I gulp. "I know you are struggling with the fact you can't have kids and it kills me that I can't do anything to help. But I'm trying to make it up to you the best I can. I just need you to be a little patient with me without any questions." 

"Okay," He searches my eyes for doubt and when he didn't find any he placed his lips on mine softly. I groan as the sunlight woke me up. I turn over onto my side only to be pulled into someone's arms. I open my eyes to see Shane looking at me with a smile. 

"Good morning beautiful. How did you sleep?" I rub my eyes while yawning. 

"I could use more but I know we aren't going to get any." He places a kiss on my forehead. 

"Tonight we are going to my club for the grand opening." I smile. 

"But I don't have anything to wear." He chuckles. 

"I have asked Derek to take you shopping and Freya is going to help you pick out n outfit or two." I place a kiss on his cheek and he hovers over me. "Why don't you get some more sleep beautiful. I, unfortunately, will be gone most of the day so I won't see you until tonight." I frown. 

"Why do you have to work so much?" He chuckles. 

"Because I have no choice." He kisses my lips before getting off the bed. I sigh and slide off the bed and go into the bathroom. Shane walks past the bathroom as I stand up from the toilet. He gives me a frown. "You still haven't had your period?" I shake my head as I wash my hands. 

"The doctors did say it might be a while," I mumble. He walks in and places a kiss on my shoulder. 

"You might just get lucky and they might not come back." I let out a dry laugh. 

"Yeah, that would be nice." I crawl back in bed and he strips me out of his clothes. I close my eyes and drown out the sounds. When I open my eyes back out I see Freya looking at me with a soft smile. 

"Good morning sleepy head." I give her a soft smile. 

"Morning," She holds up two dresses. 

"Ready to be a girly girl?" I let out a dry laugh and sit up. 

"Alright," She squeals. About 3 and a half hours later I was finally done. I had on a lot of makeup for my taste and my hair had a lot of hairsprays. I was wearing a dress that was gold and silver. It hung low on my chest and just above my knees. I wore gold heels that were 2-inch stilettos. Freya had on a bright red cocktail dress that hugged her perfectly. Her curves popped and it made her skin glow. It was low on her chest and higher up on her thighs. She looked beautiful. 

"You look wow." She breathed. I shake my head looking at her. 

"Look at you. You look amazing." She smiles. 

"We both look hot with extremely hot boyfriends." I roll my eyes at her. I walk over to the door and open it just as Derek was about to knock. He looks me up and down for a second and smiles. 

"You look beautiful." I give him a small smile. 

"Thank you, Derek. You look great in a tux." He pats in tux and smiles as he looks behind me. He sucks in a gasp as he looks lost in awe. I was amazed at how he looks at Freya with so much love. I step aside and he walks in. He wraps her up in his arms and kisses her. I walk out as he runs his hands down her body. "That's my cue," I mumbled. I go to walk into the kitchen as I hear someone talking. 

"Why do you have to act like I am a child?" I hear Emma ask. 

"Because you're 18," Kane said. She scuffs.

"Oh, really Kane? Because last time I checked 18 was the legal age for an adult and I just turned 19." 

"Like that makes much of a difference. I am 27. I'm almost 10 years older than you." I peek in the kitchen when I didn't hear anything. Emma was hugging herself as she looked at him. 

"You said that didn't matter. You said you didn't care." Kane sighs and he rubs his face. 

"It doesn't matter to me." He said. 

"Is this because of her?" He looks at her. 

"No, it's not." She takes a deep breath. 

"Really because you spent most of your time here in love with her. How am I supposed to compete with her? She is perfect in every way." She said with tears coming out of her eyes. I take a deep breath. He walks over to her and wipes her tears. 

"I love Lola." I stand up straight. "But I don't love her the way I love you. I thought I did but when I met you I realized what I felt for her was the kind of love you give to a friend you don't want to lose. I know we've only known each other for a few weeks and some may say that's not enough but I've never been more sure than I am right now. I am in love with you Emma." I smile. She sniffles and looks into his eyes. 

"Promise me I won't have to compete with her." He nods. 

"I promise beautiful." She gives him a small smile. 

"Okay," He pulls her into his arms. 

"If you want to take some time to say it back I won't blame you." She nods. Her eyes go on mine and I smile. She gives me a small smile. 

I turn around just as I run into Duke. He chuckles as he bends down and grabs his phone that went flying out of his hands. "I'm sorry," I said. He looks at me and smiles.

"It's not your fault. I was the one staring at a screen while walking." I giggle. He looks me up and down. "You are so beautiful." 

"Thank you." I look at his suit. "Are you coming to the grand opening tonight?" He nods. 

"Shane made it mandatory." I nod. He smiles as he lifts his arm. I place my hand on it and we start walking towards the door. "I'm glad he did. I actually get to dance with you." I shake my head. 

"Don't tell me you are going to get him all jealous just for the fun of it?" He shrugs. 

"Kane found someone so someone else has to." I roll my eyes.