~Chapter 69~

I walk down the hall to the kitchen as Maria finishes cooking. She turns to me and smiles. "I made taco's." She said. I giggle.

"My favorite," I said. She makes me three of them and sets them in front of me. "Join me?" I said. She looked shocked.

"But Mr. Grey-?" She started.

"Shane will live. Make yourself a plate and sit down next to me." I said. She smiles and does so. I turn just as Freya walks in.

"Tacos? Yummy." She said. Maria turns.

"Want me to make you a plate?" She asked. Freya shakes her head.

"I can do it. But thank you." Freya said. Maria nodded and took her plate and sat next to me. I smiled at her.

"Do you have any kids?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"I have a girl." She said.

"What's her name?" Freya asked turning around and shoving a taco in her mouth.

"Emma. After her grandmother." She said.

"Why haven't I seen her around?" I asked. She looked down.

"Well, Mr. Grey didn't want any children around his men because of the way they were." She said. I nodded. She looks at me. "I feel bad talking to you about this. Considering." She said. I looked at her.

"Maria I've accepted the fact I can't have children and besides I asked you about her." She nodded. "How about you bring her over tomorrow? We can do some baking?" I said. She smiled.

"I love the fact that you care but I wouldn't want to anger Mr. Grey." She said.

"Oh honey, I've learned when it comes to Shane, Lola has him wrapped around her little finger. If she said so it goes." Freya said. I giggled.

"So dramatic," I said. She looks at me.

"You know it's true." I roll my eyes. A pair of hands went around my waist and I smiled.

"I was looking for you everywhere." He said. I turned to Shane.

"Just hanging out," I said. He smiles.

"What is Freya talking about?" He asked.

"She thinks whatever I say is how it's gonna be. Because you love me." I said.

"She's right." He said. I smiled.

"Oh really?" I asked. He nods.

"What are you planning on doing?" He asked.

"Well I asked Maria to bring Emma over tomorrow and we can do some baking," I said. He sighs.

"Is that so?" He asked. He looked at Maria. She looked down. "Sounds good to me." He said. She looked at him. And smiles. He looks back at me. "Can we talk?" He asked. I nod and stand up.

"Excuse us," I said walking away. We walked out into the hallway and I stopped walking. "Shane, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Lola, your father is alive." He said. I was shocked.

"What?" I asked.

"I got a call from a buddy of mine in California. Marco had him locked up there and when he died all his men became mine. He's on a plane back here." He said. My heart thumped. I looked down. He grabs my hand. "Hey." He whispers. I look up at him. "Don't make that face. Where's that beautiful smile I love?" He asked I gave him a small smile. "I get that this is scary to hear and find out." He grabs my waist and pulled me closer to him. "But you are not alone. You will get through this and I will be right next to you." He said. I sighed. "He will be here in three days tops. How about you ignore this until then and have fun." He said. I nodded.

"Ok," I said. He smiles and places his lips to mine.

"I'm going with Derek on that trip so I won't be back by the time you get ready for bed." He said. I frowned. "I'll make it up to you." He said. I smile.

"Teddy bear?" I said. He chuckles.

"The bear and chocolate." He said. I nod. "I love you princess." He said.

"I love you too," I said. He kisses me again but a little longer and walks down the hall. I sigh. My heart continued to thump. I shook my head and walked back into the kitchen. My plate was taken care of. Freya and Maria were talking while she began doing the dishes. I lean on the counter and smile. "What are we talking about?" Freya turned to me. 

"About what we are going to do tomorrow." I nod. 

"Why don't we go shopping and see what other fun things we can do?" I suggested. Maria shook her head. 

"I appreciate you letting Emma come over but I don't want you to go through all that trouble." I stand up. 

"You don't have a choice." She opens her mouth to protest but closes it.  I nod. "Don't worry it will be fun."