~Chapter 91~

I get home to see Lee standing at the door. I stop walking as he gives me a small smile. I sigh as I look away from him. "It's been a long day, Lee. I need to sleep," I look back at him. 

"I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean to hurt you." I gulp. 

"You were trying to protect me and Freya, I get it. I just wish that you would have told me who you really were before I started catching feelings." He lets out a dry laugh. 

"You started catching feelings the moment we met, you just never admitted it to yourself. Besides, you love Shane and that is never going to change. I don't plan on trying to make it. I am going to stay away from his bad side if we are to work together." I swallow harshly. 

"What are you doing here?" He takes a breath of air. 

"I am here to make sure you are protected," I give him a confused look. 

"It's been over a month since Mike has come back. There is no way he knows I'm pregnant and even if he did, he hasn't tried anything why would he start now?" He looks away from me for a moment. 

"I have some sources that said someone hacked into the hospital files and yours was the file they were looking at. My guess is he already knows. With him knowing will make him more eager to strike." I let out a deep breath. 

"If he were to attack, I know how to handle myself." He nods. 

"I know but can you just humor me?" I searched his eyes to see the worry in his eyes. 

"You get the couch," He smiles. 

"Comfortable," I unlock the door and walk up the steps. "Lola?" I stop and turn to him. He leans on the railing. "How was work?" 

"Eventful," He frowns. 

"Long Night at the cafe?" I nod. I turn back around. "Good night," I get into my bed after a long shower and close my eyes. I groan as I get to Shane's house an hour earlier than yesterday. Derek gives me a frown as he walks up to me as I walk in. 

"Did you get any sleep?" I rub my eyes. 

"I couldn't fall asleep. When I finally did I woke up an hour later to the sound of a text message from you." 

"I'm sorry, princess. I wish I would have known." I shake my head. 

"I'm just ready to get this done and over it so I can go back to my boring life." He opened his mouth to say something as Lee walks in. I look at him. He looks at me a gives me a sad look. 

"I told you to get more sleep," I roll my eyes. 

"And I told you I couldn't sleep," He nods. 

"I know. I heard you get up six times last night." Derek looks at me confused. 

"You stayed the night at her house?" He asked. I shake my head at him. 

"It's not what you are thinking. He wanted to make sure I wouldn't get killed in my sleep by my crazy bio father." Derek nods slowly. 

"Right," I walk down the hall slowly to the gym when I hear Skye again. 

"Are you and Lola getting back together?" She asked. I stopped walking. 

"Why would you even ask that?" Shane asked. He sounded irritated. 

"Because she came by yesterday," Skye said softly. 

"And yet here you are in my bed instead of her." She lets out a dry laugh. 

"I was just asking. You don't have to get upset," She defended. Shane lets out a long sigh and I glance in the room as he grabs her waist. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.