~Chapter 39~

"Sounds like you care," I said. I bit my lip while I played with my blanket.

"I do care. You're my girl. I'll die for if I have too. Which I'm kinda upset you didn't tell me you were leaving." He said.

"I couldn't."

"Why not?"

"You would have never let me leave," I said.

"Good point. When you get back I'm punishing you for going against me." He said. I giggled.

"You couldn't even if you wanted to. You care too much about my feelings." I said.

"Yeah, you're. But that doesn't mean I can't punish you. Don't worry about the girl. You'll enjoy it." He said. I shook my head.

"You're such a joker," I said. He chuckled. "I drove a long way. I'm tired. I'm gonna head to bed." I said.

"Ok beautiful. Come back to me soon. I don't know how long I can go without you." He said.

"I will," I said. I then hung up. Over the months I've had to share a room with Derek. Yes, I hated him. But when I have my nightmares he got off the ground where he would sleep and picked me up and made sure I was ok. Every other day after that he helped me. My ex-boyfriend Richie was following me and Derek made it his mission to be my bodyguard. I grew some liking to him. He made me fall for him when I knew it was a bad Idea.

I laid down and closed my eyes. I tossed and turned. I couldn't fall asleep. I picked up my phone until I decided to call him back. 3 rings and he answered. "You can't sleep can you?" He asked.

"No," I said.

"It's an ok baby girl. I have all night. I'll stay up with you." He said. I sat up.

"When the time comes do you think Shane will be able to kill his father or uncle?" I asked.

"Honestly, they both messed with the one Shane has ever cared about that wasn't family to him. I have to say yes." He said. I nodded in understanding.

"You're biting your lip aren't you?" He asked. I released my lip.

"Maybe," I mumbled.

"Come on baby, I need to see you." He said. I sighed.

"Shane doesn't get to know," I said.

"I know." He said.

"My brother's house," I said. He hung up the phone and I sighed. I got out of bed and walked downstairs where Mack and Lola were watching the last Harry Potter movie. Lola was cuddled next to Mack. Mack was watching the movie but Lola was beginning to fall asleep.

"Hey. Get enough sleep?" Mack asked. Lola's eyes were now closed which meant she was asleep.

"Ahh, actually I didn't get any. Derek's on his way over." I said. He looked down at Lola.

"You just took her from that place and now you're having one of them come here?" He asked.

"Mack, Derek isn't like that. I can trust him." I said.

"Wasn't he the one who helped kidnap her?" He asked. I looked down.

"He's been here before and you had no problem with him before," I said.

"Yeah, then you go and explain to me that Lola has a sociopath hunting her like a wild animal and the guy who kidnapped her wants to sleep with her." He said.

"Shane doesn't want to sleep with her for those reasons anymore Mack. Shane is in love with her. I don't know what you planned on happening when we came here but Shane has her heart." I said. He looked down at her.

"You're wrong." He said.