~Chapter 20~

Lola’s P.O.V

“I had business to take care of.” He said. I began drawing circles on his chest.

“Oh,” I said. “Shane, can I ask you a question?” I asked. He pulled me closer to his chest.

“Go ahead.” He said. I looked in his eyes.

“Yesterday when I was having a panic attack you grabbed me. I’ve never had anyone be able to calm me down without medication. How come you did?” I asked. He smiled.

“Are you going to ask why I kissed you?” He asked. My face went red.

“I didn’t know if that was real or not,” I said looking down.

“Freya said to distract you and so I thought I would try something. I didn’t actually think it was going to work.” He said.

“Oh,” I said.

“I don’t regret doing it. If that was what you were thinking.” He said. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep. I woke up to the sound someone on the phone. I pulled closer to Shane. “Derek I don’t know to try being nice to her and not an ass. I have to go through. Lola is waking up.” I heard. “Yes, she had a nightmare and crashed with me. Not even close.” He said. I heard his phone turn off and his hand comes on my arm. “You seem comfortable.” He said in my ear. I shivered.

“Shhh, I’m trying to sleep,” I said. I heard him chuckle.

“You’re so cute when you’re sleeping so I wonder what happens when you’re awake?” He said. I opened my eyes and glare at him. “Nope, I lied still cute when you’re awake.”

“You’re too much,” I said putting my head back down.

“Let’s go hang out in the art studio for the day.” He said. I looked at him.

“Don’t you have business to attend to?” I asked. He smirked.

“I’m the boss remember?” He said. “You can teach me how to paint.” He said. I smiled.

“Let me go get dressed,” I said. He held me close to his body. He looked down at my lips then back at my eyes. He brought his head down connecting our lips. I felt a burning sensation in the pits of my stomach just aching for more. He flipped us on the bed so he was hovering over me not breaking the kiss. We parted and I breathed heavily. I had my hand on his chest and both his hands were on my exposed sides.

“You’re so perfect.” He said. I felt my cheeks heat up. “Go get whatever you want on.” He said. He moved off me and I stood up. I went into my room and put on some clothes I could get paint on. I get done and put my hair up in a fish tale. I felt arms go around my waist and a hot breath over my ear. “Ready?” He said in a husky voice. It sent electrical sparks to my stomach.

“I’m ready,” I said. I was then picked up and walked to the art studio. I giggled. “Shane I have feet,” I said. He chuckled.

“So.” He said setting me down in the art studio. I put my hands on my hip.

“So I didn’t need you carrying me,” I said. He smirked. I walked behind him and grabbed my camera. I pointed to the green carpet area. “Take a seat,” I said. He sat down. I opened the window and a breeze came through which was good cause it was hot in here.

“Take a picture with me.” He said. I stared at him and then back at the camera. I set a timer on the camera and used the stand to sit perfectly. I pushed the button with a 30 second counter. I hurried over to him where he had me sit on his lap. I smiled and he wrapped his arms around me. The flash proved the picture was done. I kissed his cheek as another one goes off. Ten pictures and 30 second counter is what I put but he didn’t know. He tickled me and I laughed. Another flash. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he places both hands on my sides. The last picture went off as he places his lips to mine. After a second we pulled away. I stood up and he stayed there. I walked over to my camera. “I just found out what my favorite thing to do.” He said. I looked at him. “Watching you laugh, and kissing you.” He said. I froze. What?