~Chapter 65~

Lola's P.O.V

I wake up with pain throughout my body. I open my eyes and looked at my stomach. I was in hospital clothes. I was in a hospital bed. I groaned because of the light. "Hey." a lady said walking up to me. I looked at her not knowing who she was. "I'm Dr. Lewis," she said. I glanced around the room and no one else was in here. I began feeling lonely.

"Where is Freya?" I asked. My voice came out scratchy.

"Oh, your friend? She went to grab some coffee," she said. I nod. "Here drinks some water," she said handing me a cup. I took it and sipped it. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"There's pain everywhere," I say dryly. She opened her mouth to say something. "Why do I hurt everywhere?" 

"Don't you remember what happened?" she asked. I looked at her confused.

"Remember? Remember what?" 

"How about you tell me the last thing you remember?"

"There was a party," I said. She smiled.

"Ok. Do you remember where?" I was about to say something when the door opened. Freya walked in and smiled.

"Freya?" I said. She walked up to me.

"Hey, girl. You gave us quite a scare," she said.

"Us?" I asked. Everything was blurry. She looked at Lewis and then me.

"Yes us," she said. I looked towards the door.

"Adam... Derek... Mack..." I pause.

"Shane," she said. I looked up at her. My eyes went wide as tears start forming. 

"She... I... Why? Why would Ava do this to me?" Freya looked heartbroken.

"I don't know Lola," she said as tears slipped through her eyes.

"Where's Shane?" I asked.

"Um, he's in the waiting room. He figured you wanted me to be here when you woke up," she said.

"You were the first person she asked about." the doctor said. Freya smiled.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Like I was stabbed and left to bleed out," I said. I looked at the doctor. "What's the damage?"  She looked at Freya.

"I'm going to let you two talk," she said getting up. I turn to Freya. She gives me a small smile.

"It's gotta be bad if she wants you to tell me," I said. She looks down at her hands.

"I would ask Shane to tell you this but I know it should be me," she said. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Her eyes meant mine. "Your abdomen was too damaged for them to fix," she said.

"Freya what does that mean?" I asked.

"You can't have kids. Well, carry them. Because there's always adoption." she said. I let out a few tears.

"Wow," I said. I looked down at my hands.

"But you can still have a baby. Ok? You can still be a mom if that's what you want. You can adopt or have someone else carry a baby for you." she said. I take a few hard breaths. "Lola, look at me," she said placing her hand on top of mine. I picked up my head to look at her. "You are not alone ok?" she said tearing up. "We are going to help you get through this. All of us," she said. I nodded.

"Promise?" I said. She let out a few more tears.

"I promise you," she said. I let out a breath of air.

"Can you um go get mack for me?" I asked. She nodded. I watched her get up and walk out. My body started to shake and I felt empty. The door opened again and Mack took 4 big steps and was by my side.

"Hey, princess," he said. I looked up at him. He leaned down and gave me a hug.

"Hi," I said. He opened his mouth. "I'm doing fine," He closed his mouth.

"I figured you would want to see Shane," he said sitting in the chair that was next to me.

"I can't face him right now," I said. He gives me a confused look.

"Lola if anyone is going to help you get through all of this it's going to be him. He loves you," he said.

"I know. Which makes all this hard." I said. He nodded.

"Now that I know you're ok I'm going to head home and get some sleep. I'll be by tomorrow," he said. I nodded. He hugs me and walks out. I look at the wall.

"Hey, beautiful." I heard. I turn towards the door to see Derek. I smile.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Freya sent Mack in here and he didn't send anyone else but I needed to see you," he said walking up to the bed. I look at the door.

"I don't know what to say," I said.

"I know. You probably are scared and freaking out. But you have Freya, Adam, Mack, Me, and Shane. And we aren't going anywhere." he said. I looked at him.

"Yeah, I guess," I said. He frowned. "What is he going to do to her?" I asked.

"I don't know. He said something about you being able to get the first hit," he said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Ava said something about my father," I said. He looked down. "What happened?"  

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you," he said. I sighed.

"You know all of this would have been avoided if no one kept things from me," I said. He let out a breath of air.

"Ava was 16 when she met your father at a party her parents threw. She went to get some fresh air and found her father dead and your dad standing over him. Marco found her and made her his number one or whatever." Derek said.

"So you knew this the whole time and never thought to tell me?" I asked.

"I was told not to. And besides, it was a long time ago. I didn't think it is important." he said. He gets up. "I've gotta head back to the house to have a little chat with Ava. Do you want me to send Shane in here?" he asked. I turned my head.

"No, I'm tired," I said. I felt guilty for lying but I couldn't talk to him.