~Chapter 85~

Lee's P.O.V

I walk into a small warehouse with a sigh and set my keys down on the desk in the gym. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around. Kane gives me a small smile. "Kane Braden? To what do I owe the pleasure?" He crosses his arms. 

"Lee Williams?" He hums. "When I saw you at the club I thought it was worried seeing you after so long. I mean you weren't even in Seattle last time I saw you. But then I saw you with Lola more than once and that's when it hit me. You want her." I hum. 

"To my knowledge so did you," He nods. 

"But I learned the hard way that she belongs with Shane." I scuff. 

"Shane is nothing but a joke. I mean the first night at the club he left her waiting there for almost six hours before he showed up and she looked good." He takes a step towards me. 

"Stay away from her, Lee. I'm staying this as a warning because I am your friend. Lola has enough going on in her life to worry about you." I snort. 

"If Shane gave her even a silver of attention she deserves, I wouldn't be able to get to her. Honestly, I'm surprised it was you who noticed and not him. But let's be real my brother doesn't care about anyone but himself." He took a step back in confusion. 

"Your brother? Shane is your brother?" I roll my eyes. 

"You came here with all the answers but you didn't have that one?" He narrows his eyes. 

"What game are you playing?" I shrug. 

"No game. I just came home to see my mother but apparently, Shane has her somewhere I can't reach." He hums. 

"So you think having something of Shane's like Lola will make him give you what you want?" I shrug. 

"*It's a good plan but it's not mine. You aren't going to figure out my plans until I want you to ." He takes a deep breath. 

"Whatever problems you have with your bothers, leave Lola out of it. She has nothing to do with it." I nod. 

"I agree," He nods and turns around. 

Freya's P.O.V

I groan as I get out of the car. I look at the coffee line to see it is extremely long. "Seriously?" I mumble. I turn around only to bump into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry," They start laughing. 

"Maybe I should watch where I'm walking next time?" He said. I smile. 

"Lee?" He looks up at me and smiles as he looked a bit surprised. 

"Freya, right?" I nod. 

"Yeah, um I'm sorry for bumping into you. I guess I was more upset about the coffee than I realized." He chuckles. 

"I think it may actually be my fault. I had my head in my phone." I giggle. 

"We will take the blame together," He nods. 

"Deal," I look back at the coffee stand and sigh. "I know of a great coffee shop down the street. I can show you if you want?" I smile. 

"I would be delighted," He chuckles. 

"I can drive and then bring you back if you want?" I nod. 

"Works for me." We get to his car and I admired his taste in cars. It was a 2021 white Bentley Bacalar. I smile at it as we get to it. "I love this car," I breathed. He looks at me. 

"Oh, this is one of many I own." I look at him. 

"You have more cars like this?" He nods. I look at him wide eye. "What kind of job do you have?" He shrugs. 

"Well let's just say being the boss has its perks," I nod and smile. 

"I see that," We get to the other coffee shop and he orders for me. We walk to a bench and sit down. I hum as I taste the sweetness of the coffee. He chuckles. 

"You really like your coffee?" I nod. 

"Yeah, well I'm allowed only one cup per day so I look forward to my mornings." He gives me a confused look. 

"Sounds like torcher," I let out a long sigh. 

"Yeah, well it's worth it," I said placing my hand on my stomach. He looks down and looks back up at me. 

"Congratulations," I smile. 

"Thanks," He looks down at the table. "Why are you so down?" He looks back at me. 

"It's nothing," I tilt my head at him and he rolls his eyes. "It's just I don't know what I did to Lola for her to be so upset with me. I understand her life is stressful, I mean we all have our problems. But I just wish she wouldn't push me away. I was kind of hoping we could be friends." I let out a dry laugh and he gives me a surprised look. 

"Lola and you can't be friends." He leans over the table as he waits for me to explain. "Lola is trying to push away her feelings for you. She is lying to herself. Shane is the first guy she allowed herself to love but she doesn't realize that not everyone stays with their first love forever. I feel like she is just scared because she feels like Shane is the only person she has left." He hums. 

"I'm not going to lie, I have feelings for her too but I would never act on them if I know she's in a relationship. I'm not that type of guy." 

"She and Shane broke up last night. Shane went a little too far and she didn't deserve it." He gives me a worried look. 

"Did he hit her?" I shake my head. 

"No, Shane would never lay his hands on her. He just gave the wrong girl attention." He sighs. 

"I feel like an ass. I was making this all about me when she said things between her and Shane were bad. I just thought it was an excuse to get me to leave." I smile. 

"I am heading over to her house if you want to join?" He gives me a confused look. 

"I don't think I would be welcomed anywhere Shane is," I shake my head while standing up. 

"She is staying away from him for a week maybe even longer." He nods.