~Chapter 82~

When the morning came I found myself alone in the bed. I groan and get up. I get dressed and walk out of the room as Freya was walking down the hall. She smiles as she sees me. "Do you want to go into town today?" I ask her. She nods. 

"Yeah, I would love to. Derek is busy with Shane all day today so why now?" I nod as I turn to the front door. I walk out to the car and get in. She turns to me. "Are you and Shane okay? I heard about what happened with his new assistant." I glance at her as I get to a stop sign. 

"Yeah, we are. She just needs to keep her hands off of my man." She giggles. 

"Right," I sigh as my mind races to Lee. "I couldn't help but notice the way you reacted as you saw that Lee guy you met last night?" I look at her. 

"I was surprised to see him that's all," She scuffs. 

"The only guy I've ever seen you act that why with is Shane. Are you sure you aren't just lying to yourself to make it easier?" 

"Make what easier?" She shrugs. 

"I don't know the way you feel about this guy? I mean you've seen him what like two times? He gets your blood boiling and it's easy to see." 

"I don't feel anything for this guy. I love Shane. I would never do anything like that to hurt him." She snorts causing me to look at her. 

"Lola, I love Shane like a brother but to be fair he did force you to be with him. It's okay for you to like the attention of a guy who doesn't demand it. I mean Shane is your first actual relationship. How do you know what it is like to be someone other than Shane?" I gulp as I let her words sink in. 

"I don't want to know what it's like without him. As long as I have him I don't need to know what life is like without him." She sighs. 

"All I'm saying is just don't push away your emotions because it will come out anyway and you will regret it." We get to the coffee shop for her and I get out of the car. 

"I'm gonna go to the art store across the street." She nods. I cross the street and walk into the store. Brandon the cashier welcomes me with a warm smile. 

"Hello, Lola," He said. 

"Hey, Brandon," 

"Where is Freya or Shane today?" I take a deep breath. 

"Shane is working like usual. And Freya is getting coffee." He nods. I look around at the paints. "Is it just you today?" 

"Ah, yeah. My brother has the day off." I nod as I look back at him. I hear a flush of the employee's bathroom and I look back at him. He smiles. "It's my friend I've been telling you about? The one who I really think needs a girlfriend. He's been making up this girl." I giggle. 

"Sounds lonely," He nods as the door opens. The guy looks at Brandon. 

"Hey, thanks, man." I look at him for a moment. 

"Yeah, no problem." Brand said before motioning to me. The guy turns to me. "This is-." 

"Lola?" He said. Brandon looks at him surprised. I look at the guy. 

"Hey, Lee," He looked surprised. 

"Oh, you two know each other?" Brandon asks. Lee nods. 

"This is the girl I'm supposedly making up," He said as he walked around the counter. I turn to the shelves. 

"Oh," Brandon said. I start looking at the paints. 

"It was nice to see you today, Lola," Lee said as he walks towards the door. I watch him. 

"Wait, Lee?" Brandon said. He stopped right in front of the door. He sighed and turned to Brandon while I turned back to the shelves. "You promised to help me restock today." 

"Right, sorry," He mumbled as he walked back over to the counter. I turn the corn to look at the brushes. 

"You can start by stocking those," I hear Brandon say. The bell of the door goes off and I look at it. Freya walks in drinking her coffee. "Hey, beautiful," Brandon said. She smiles at him. 

"Hey, Brandon. Where's my best friend?" I walk over to her and she smiles at me. Her eyes go to something behind me and her smile drops a bit. I knew exactly what she was looking at. She smiles again and walks past me. 

"Freya," I hiss. She looks at me with a wink. She walks up to Lee. 

"We haven't been exactly introduced," She said to him and he looks at her. 

"No, I can't say we have. I would have remembered." He said. Freya sticks out her hand. 

"I'm Freya. Lola's best friend." He shakes it as he glances at me. 

"I'm Lee." He said with his eyes back on her. She hums. 

"I've seen you three times now and I thought it was about time we were introduced." He smiles. 

"I don't mean to be a bother." She shakes her head. 

"I don't think that you are." He glances at me. 

"I'm glad someone doesn't think so," He mumbled. 

"I think you should come to the club tonight to hang out," He looks at her surprised. 

"Hang out? With you, Lola, and your boyfriends?" He asked. She stood up straighter. 

"Yes," I let out a breath of air and look away from them. 

"I don't think I'm wanted. Besides I am busy tonight." He said while he continued to stock sketchbooks. Brandon lets out a scuff. 

"The only thing you have going on tonight was to go to the club. Remember? I'm taking you out for your birthday?" Lee looks at him. 

"I thought you were kidding about that?" Brandon shakes his head. I take a step towards Brandon. 

"Wait, were you the friend that brought him to the club the first night? The reason why he third-wheeled?" I asked Brandon. He nods. 

"I sure am. Although he was there watching his ex dancing with some random guy." I nod slowly as I look at Lee. He sighs. 

"If I say I'll go will you shut the hell up, Brandon?" He asked. Brandon nods. 

"Yes, because you would lucky to hang out with these beautiful ladies." Freya tilts her head at Lee. 

"Fine, yes. I will go." She smiles as she turns around to me. I shake my head as I walk out. 

"Come on, Lola." She said as she walked out after me. I turn to her. 

"Why are you trying to push this? Why are you trying so hard for me to date this guy? I am with Shane and I don't want anyone else. Why is that not good enough?" She sighs. 

"Because he failed to protect you. Because his lifestyle is dangerous. Because I don't want to raise my baby in all of this." She said. I take a step back. 

"You're pregnant?" She looks down. 

"I didn't want to tell you because of everything," She whispers. I shake my head. 

"Freya, you are my best friend. You are my sister. I've made peace with my situation. But that doesn't mean you can't be excited for yourself or tell me. I want to be happy for you too." She gives me a small smile as she lets some tears out. 

"I don't want to raise my baby in all of this. I just want to move somewhere away from it." I nod slowly. 

"Have you told Derek that?" She shakes her head. 

"No, because he told me before that he never wanted kids. I'm scared he'll ask me to have an abortion if I tell him." I shake my head at her. 

"I don't think he will sweetheart. Derek loves you so much. I think he might just leave with you if you tell him." She swallows harshly. 

"You can't tell him about the baby until I'm ready." I nod. 

"I won't,"