~Chapter 52~

“I hope one day you can find a way to forgive me,” Peter said. He picked up the knife I had used to cut him loose and jabbed it in his heart. I screamed. Shane rushed over to him.

“No,” Shane said. Shane tried to stop the bleeding. I rushed over to him.

“Shane.” I tried to pull him away.

“Stop.” He growled.

“Shane he’s gone,” I said. Shane stopped and looked at me. Tears were coming down his cheeks. He then cried in my arms.

“What is going on?” James asked walking in the room. He saw Peter and then saw Shane. “Shane, are you hurt?” He asked rushing to his side.

“He’s fine. He didn’t get hurt.” I said quietly. I looked down at my hands and there was blood on it. My breathing began to get heavy. My eyes went wide. “B-b-blood.” I stuttered. James looked at me.

“Lola are you ok?” He asked. I went to rub it off but it just smeared. “Lola?” He tried again. I tried to rub it again but it sit wouldn’t come off.

“It’s not coming off.” I breathed. My heart thumped and my breathing got heavier by the minute.  I was being lifted off the ground and pulled into someone’s arms.

“Shh baby I got you.” Shane’s voice said. I closed my eyes and hugged him tighter. He rubbed my back and I started to calm down. “That’s it, baby. Just breathe.” He said. Before I knew it we were in front of a mirror with a sink below it. I looked up to see Shane had a broken look to him. I turned to him and he gave me a confused look. “I have to clean your hands baby.” He said. I shook my head.

“Just hug me,” I said. He stalled for a moment but then pulled me into his arms.

“You’re going to freak out again.” He breathed against.

“It’s worth it,” I said. He kissed my head. “I thought you would be happy he was gone?” I said.

“I didn’t want him to die. A part of me wished he would have been the father I needed but he just wasn’t cut out for it. I just can’t believe he’s gone.” He breathed.

“It’s ok to love him even if you hated him,” I said. He nodded.

“I’m sorry I freaked out on you.” He said. I shook my head.

“It’s ok,” I said. He looked at my hands.

“Let’s get you cleaned up.” He said. He turns me around so I could wash my hands. I watched the blood go down the drain. My nerves began to relax. I felt his chin on my shoulder. “How’s that?” He asked as he dries them on his shirt. I fell them and a little wetness. I pull his shirt drying it off the rest of the way. “Sorry.” He said. I looked up at him.

“Don’t blame yourself for his mistakes,” I said. He nods.

“So now that Marco is gone you are free to leave. You can go back to school and do whatever it is that you did. You don’t have to stay here. I just ask that you take Adam or someone with you when you are gone.” He said. I looked down. Throughout this year this was all I knew.

Now Marco is gone I have nowhere to go. “Of course you are staying here for another week until you can completely wake with your stomach like that.” He said. I nodded. I walked out of the bathroom to see we were in his room. I laid on the bed and turned towards the sky. I felt the bed dip and arms went around me. I closed my eyes.

A Week Later

I was walking past the gym when I heard a girl noise. I stopped and looked to the left to see James talking with Ava. She seemed pissed. I walked into the gym and they turned to me. She glared at me. “This doesn’t concern you.” She growled.

“James, what is going on?” I asked. He took a step forward.

“She can’t be locked up in that room anymore.” He said. I crossed my arms.

“Did you talk to Shane?” I asked calmly. She didn’t bother me anymore.

“I didn’t think I needed to since I was the one who locked her up.” He said. I nodded. She smiled.