~Chapter 24~

I let out a high pitch scream. “Shut up you little slut.” He said. My arm was in so much pain. He had broken my hand. He grabbed my hair and pulled my head back. I whimpered. “Now you can apologize.” He said.

“I will never apologize to you,” I said. He went to grab my other hand.

“DAD!” His voice rang loud. Peter still held on.

“Oh look here’s my son.” He said. I brought my knee up and kneed him where the sun doesn’t shine. He let go and I moved away from him.

“DJ and Adam bring him to the gym. Tie him up.” Shane said. I looked at him. “I had enough of him,” Shane said. I looked at my broken hand. There was blood on it from hitting it on a piece of glass from the broken window. My heart pounded. I was breathing heavy. Shane went over and went to grab my hand.

“Don’t!” I yelled. He stepped back. “It’s broken.” I cried. He had a look of fear. He scooped me up in his arms and brought me to his room. He sent me on the edge of the tub.

“Lola you are gonna have to try and ignore the blood. I have to get you a doctor.” He said. I cried in pain. My breathing was starting to get heavy. I began seeing black. “Baby, listen to me. You have to keep your eyes open.” He said. I looked at him.

“Shane it hurts. My hand hurts.” I cried. He grabbed my head in his hands. He wiped my tears and laid my head on his chest.

“I know baby.” He said.

“Shane the nurse is here,” Derek said. I looked at Shane and he grabbed me in his arms again. He set me on his bed. He went to walk away but I grabbed his arm with my good hand.

“Please don’t leave me.” I cried. He turned to me.

“Don’t worry I was letting the nurse in.” He said. I nodded. He gave my hand a light squeeze before letting it go. “Sam she’s in here.” I heard Shane say. An older man around James’s age kneeled down in front of me.

“Hey, Lola I’m gonna grab your hand. Ok just bare with me it’s going to sting for a while.” He said. I nodded. He went to grab it but I saw the blood. My eyes shot open.

“Blood.” I breathed. Shane’s eyes widen.

“Sam she can’t see her hand.” He snapped. Sam looked at him. “Move.” Sam moved out of the way and Shane sat in front of me. “Lola look at me. You’re going to be ok.” He said. Sam pulls out a needle.

“Shane I’m gonna put her to sleep.” Same said. Shane looked at him.

“No. Just let me calm her down,” Shane said. He looked at me but I saw the flashes of blood surrounding my hand. “Lola look at me.” He said. I looked at him and he smiled. “You’re gonna give me a heart attack one of these days I swear.” He said. I giggled.

“I should have listened to you about keeping my mouth shut,” I said.

“I will make him pay.” He said.

“No. Shane he’s your father,” I said.

“He hurt you after all my warnings. He still did. Now he’s going to suffer.” He said. A sting of pain shot through my body and I clutched Shane’s shirt with my good hand. “Do you need to squeeze my hand?” He asked.

“No, I don’t want to hurt you,” I said. He chuckled bringing up his hand.

“I can handle it. You aren’t the hawk.” He said. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it as I feel something cold touch my hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked Sam.

“I have to clean up the cut so it doesn’t get infected. I have to stitch it up.” He said.

“No no no it’s gonna hurt,” I said trying to move. Shane places his lips to mine and I calm down. He pulls back.

“I’ll be right here.” He said. I tried to smile but a zap of pain shot through my arm again. I bit my lip. A tiny sting filled my hand and I closed my eyes.

“Does that hurt?” Sam asked.

“Barely,” I said.

“Alright. I finished stitching it. I have to wrap your hand now and it’s going to hurt.” He said. I took a deep breath. “Can you sit up?” He asked. Shane helped me up and covered my view.