~Chapter 94~

Lola's P.O.V

Over three hours in a basement room with an old hospital bed and a small window I was getting bored. Mike brought me here but never spoke a word after getting into the car besides telling me to follow some bodyguard he has. I make matters worse I had to pee. I guess being pregnant while your father kidnaps you isn't the best choice. I get taken out of my thoughts as the door opens. I stand up to see the same curly brown-haired white boy standing in the doorway. "Finally, I was starting to get bored being in here all by my lonesome." He rolls his eyes. 

"The boss wants to see you," I take a step forward. 

"Did he happen to mention if I could take a bathroom break on the way? I am pregnant after all." He grabs my arm roughly and I look at him. "If I were going to running away I wouldn't have gotten in his damn car so take your damn hands off of me." He opens his mouth to protest but I yank my arm back and start walking the same way we came. I make it to the main floor and the guy finally caught up to me. He pulls me twice as hard to him by my arm causing me to hiss. 

"Listen bitch, I do what the boss says. You do as I say. I suggest you get used to it." I open my mouth to reply when Mike walks into the hallway slowly. His hands were tucked in his pockets. I look at him and look away. 

"Ryan, she is a pregnant woman meaning her temper is much more effective. If she snaps at you then you do not snap back. If you harm one strand on her body while she is pregnant, then you and I are going to have a serious problem." His grip on my arm fell and I took a step forward looking at Mike. 

"So I'm safe as long as I carry your grandchild? Is that it?" He smiles. 

"I do have mortals. I can be a civil guy at some times." I let out a dry laugh. 

"Civil? Civil would be letting your only daughter keep her baby and not try to take it." He rolls his eyes. 

"Now you are being ungrateful." I cross my arms. "I let your friend keep hers." He turned around and walked back the way he came. I glance at Ryan before following him. Mike walks into his office and takes a seat. He motions for me too as well and I glance at the chairs. 

"I need to use the restroom if you don't mind." I look back up at him. He nods. 

"Of course. Ryan?" I turn to the footsteps walking in. I look back at Mike. 

"If you want me to follow your rules get me someone else who won't threaten me." Mike hums. 

"As you wish. Get Jessie," Ryan nods and walks out. A moment later a guy walks in. I look at him. He had long hair like Tarzan or Aquaman pick your choice of eye candy. He had pearly blue eyes and a diamond smile. He looks at Mike. 

"You asked for me, sir?" Mike nods and motions towards me. 

"This is my daughter and she is pregnant. You are going to be in charge of her. As long as she is pregnant you will make sure no harm goes to her." He nods and looks at me. 

"I'm Jessie," I nod. 

"I am Lola. I need to use the restroom." He nods and motions for me to walk first. After I used the restroom I made my way back to Mike's office. I sat down and his eyes were on his computer. I glanced at the picture on the shelf behind his head to see a reflection of his computer. He was watching the surveillance of Shane's warehouse. I take a deep breath. "Are you going to get to the point of having me come up here?" He sighs and shuts his computer. He leans on his desk. 

"I want what I am owed. Simple," 

"Well, you said you would let Freya's child go if I went with you, and the way I see it you didn't make a deal so I don't owe you, my child. So please explain to me what exactly are you owed?" He hums as if this were funny to him.

"Shane's father did make a deal. Which makes that child you are carrying mine. Considering it is Shane's child." I look down at my stomach for a moment. 

"It's not his actually." I breathe. He sits up straight. 

"Interesting," I take a deep breath and look up at him. "Your file from the hospital says you are 6 weeks pregnant. So if you are going to lie and tell me that Lee is the father then -." 

"I cheated on Shane with Lee." I blurted. He looked at me surprised. 

"Yeah, right," I look away from him. 

"It was the night of his club opening. Shane was gone for five hours and Lee was just there. I had feelings for him that I tried to push away but a few shots of tequila made them surface. You are welcome to do a DNA test but it will only agree with my statement." He leans back in his seat. 

"This just got a lot more interesting." I look down with guilt. He sighs. "However Shane is still the reason my business is off and I want him dead." I look up at him. 

"What?" He nods. 

"If you give me Shane then I will let you leave and you will never see me again." I shake my head. 

"That's not good enough." He gives me a surprised look. 

"Excuse me?" 

"I love Shane regardless of whose child I am carrying. I won't make that trade." He chuckles. 

"Well aren't you the hero?" I look at the desk. 

"What if I give you my child?" I look back up at him. He scuffs. 

"Yeah, sure." I look at him for a while. He leans forward. "You're serious?" I nod. 

"When I go to give birth you can take the baby." 

"Shane and Lee will never let me. You know that." I nod. 

"I will lie to them and tell them that I lost the baby during birth. It's a one in a million chance anyway." He nods. 

"And if the baby really does die?" I swallow as my throat goes dry. 

"Than you can take me. But everyone I care about is to be safe and you can't show up for anyone to see." He chuckles. 

"Well, off you go. I will be seeing you real soon. Keep good care of my child." I stand up and Jessie leads me out the door. I didn't want to give up my child but I couldn't give up Shane and I didn't want anyone I care about to go to Mike. Jessie drops me off a street away from Shane's warehouse. I get out of the car and he looks at me. 

"You know working for a man who kidnaps kids for money is miserable. A lot of us on the inside heard about you and we had hope that maybe one day you would save us from him. I guess you are no better than the others who sell their children." I look down. 

"I wanted to help but I don't know how I can when he knows too much about me. Everyone I care about he has access to." He nods. 

"Well if you ever change your mind about taking him on give me a call. I know a few of his bodyguards who would be more than happy to help you kill him." I give him a small smile. 

"Thank you, Jessie." He nods as he holds out a sticky note. I grab it and he drives off. I look down at it. I sigh and look at my stomach. "I'm so sorry little one. I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be a mother. I don't know how to protect everyone I care about when there are so many. But when the time comes I will lie to him and give myself instead of you. You deserve a happy life even if that means it's without me." I breathed.