~Chapter 43~

“Freya? What? Oh gosh no. What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Well, where do I began?” I said.

“Start from what happens when you hung up the phone. I’m gonna go wake up Derek too so he can here.” He said. I heard a door shut in the phone and I turned around to see if it was my room.

“Hey, baby.” I heard Derek say.

“OK, I talked to Marco. He told me if I listen without a problem then I might just live. Then I saw him. Adam.” I said.

“He’s a fucking trader,” Shane growled.

“Can your anger wait until I finish? I might not have enough time to explain.” I said.

“Sorry.” He said.

“Well, I found out who Adam is,” I said.

“Yeah, Adam. He’s a two-sided bodyguard. What else is there?” Derek asked.

“Well, you remember that child Lola’s dad gave Marco?” I asked.

“Yeah, he died,” Shane said.

“But he didn’t though. Adam is Lola’s brother.” I said.

“What?” Shane said.

“And he wants me to stay here instead of leaving. Said Marco’s plan is much worse and if I leave then I’m as good as dead.” I said.

“Not gonna happen. You’re coming home to me.” Derek said.

“Derek it’s for her safety,” Shane said.

“Yeah, and who are we believing? Humm? Adam? The trader? NO. I’m not risking going with him.” Derek said.

“Derek picks up the phone,” I said. I heard the phone go off the speaker.

“Baby, I’m not risking it.” He said. I nodded.

“I think it might be best if I stay here. I don’t believe Adam but the look in his eye told me I could trust him. You don’t have to trust him so trust me. I promise I will come back to you. Just might have to be a while.” I said. I heard him sigh.

“Baby, I don’t trust him.” He said.

“Do you remember that day at the beach we snuck out of the house? The first night we kissed?” I asked.

“Yeah. You were scared to leave the house because you thought Shane was gonna rap your best friend.” I laughed.

“Do you remember what you told me before we jumped into the water?” I asked.

“Given the chance to tell you how I feel I want to tell you that no matter where or what is going on my trust lies with you.” He said. I nodded. “OK.” He said. I smiled. “Good night princess.” He said.

“Good night prince,” I said. I hung up the phone and slumped in the chair. My bedroom door opened and the light turns on. I slip the phone under the dresser next to me. The man who walked in stands in front of me. He smirked staring me up and down. “Who the hell are you? And why did you just walk into my room?” I asked.

“Lincoln Miles. Your watcher.” He said.

“You mean bodyguard?” I asked.

“Something like that.” He said. I stood up and walked over to the other side of the room and leaned on the wall.

“And you just walk into everyone’s room without knocking?” I asked.

“I don’t need to knock. It’s kind of my job to keep an eye on you.” He said.

“Remind me not to change in here,” I said. He smirked.

“You can get dressed in front of me. I don’t mind.” He said.

“I have a boyfriend,” I said.

“Yeah, I’m sure you just care about him so much.” He said.

“What’s your point?” I asked.