~Chapter 17~

It was a winter blue color. There were rooms more than you could count. The front looked smaller than the house actually was. It was huge. A few older ladies sat in room playing games. Some reading. And some just staring out the windows. We walked through the main doors and down a hall. Shane was in front of me. He walked into a room and stood by the wall. I looked into the room. A brown haired lady painting. She looked at peace. I smiled when it hit me. She was his mother.

“She’s your mother,” I said. He looked at me and nodded.

“She is.” He said. I took a step forward staring at the paintings. They were amazing. All of them. I smiled loving the way she painted.

“The sky’s the one thing I love to paint. It’s blue brings joy to all. Of course, so does flowers. My Hallie is up there. In the sky. She’s always looking after her brothers.” Rosa said. I took a few steps near her. She looked at me. “Hello dear.” She said. I smiled and looked at the picture she was painting. It was Shane and I. The picture of him staring at me walking home. Here it was in the big picture.

“The picture from the box? How do you remember it?” I asked.

“Easy really, I just have a gallery in my head for all the pictures and soon they come on the canvas.” She said. She looked back at me. “You saw my picture?” She asked. I nodded. “You’re here. The girl from the photo. The one my son kept an eye on for a while. But how are you here?” She asked. I turned to see Shane lost in thought. She looked at him. “No. If you’re with him then that means Marco will soon arrive for the child.” She said. I gave her a confused look.

“You know?” I asked. She nodded.

“Listen to me carefully sweetheart. Don’t give Marco what he wants. He will only want more. It happened to your father. He had given him the child and when Marco killed it in front of him he tried to kill your father. But he ran. After a week he was found by Luna. She was working for Marco. She killed him.” She said. My heart slandered. She grabbed my wrist. “Listen to me child do not give him what he wants.” She said. I looked down at her hand to see paint on her hand and now on mine.

“Mom let her go,” Shane said. She moved her hand and went back to painting. I froze. My mother killed him? My father? But? Arms grabbed me but I moved away from them. Images from James in my tent flashed before and I screamed. “Lola!?” I heard. But it wasn’t a voice I wanted to hear. It was his. I went running but I was brought to someone’s chest. “Shhh. Lola, it’s me. It’s Shane.” Shane said. I cried into his chest. I gripped his shirt as James’s eyes looked at me like I was his pray. “Shhh. Relax baby.” He said. He held on to my waist to help me from falling.

“Leave me alone.” I cried. But James kept coming at me.

“Never.” I heard Shane’s voice say. I started to calm down until James' voice echoed in my head.

“You’re so innocent.” His voice echoed in my head.

“What do you mean try calming her down? I tried to.” Shane’s voice sounded.

“Too bad you have dirty thoughts,” James said. His hand reaches to wrap around my neck but the image fades. Instead, soft lips touched my own. I calmed instantly. I relaxed into Shane’s chest as he pulls me closer to his body. He pulls his lips away and looks down at me.

“Are you ok now?” He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand before I can look down at it. “Just walk with me.” He said. I nodded and he brings me over to the sink. I washed my hands and dry them with a paper towel and walk out of the room. “It was a bad idea bringing you here.” He said as soon as we got outside. I shook my head.

“Shane thanks,” I said. He gave me a confused look. “For everything,” I said. He nodded and we walked to the car. We get in and I give him an address. I look outside. Did he kiss me? Maybe I imagined it?

“Lola we’re here.” He said. I nodded and got out. As soon as I got up to the door it opens.

“Lola?” What are you doing here?” Tucker (one of my old friends) asked.

“Looking for your dad,” I said.

“You just missed him. Why what’s up?” He asked.

“Can you give him this? It’s enough for another month and a half. Should give me enough time to decide what to do.” I said handing him the money.

“You’re planning on moving?” He asked.

“It’s hard to explain,” I said. He nodded.

“There’s always a place here for you.” He said. I nodded. He and his dad had been nothing but family to me.

“I’ll think about it,” I said. He nods. He goes to give me a hug and I hug him back.

“It was nice seeing you again.” He said.

“You too,” I said. I then turned around and got back in the car.