~Chapter 45~

“I’m not letting you leave this house.” He said. Dangling the keys in front of me. I hopped in the driver seat and hot-wired the car. I drove back to the house. I stopped at a few places but as soon as the car stopped I was out of it. Shane opens the house door before I even get to it.

“I told you no.” He said. I walked past him. Derek began walking toward me.

“You have to listen to him.” He said grabbing my good arm. “If you screw up what we have going for us then Freya dies.” He said. Something in his eyes told me he cared about her. But she never mentioned anything about him and her.

“You care for her?” I said. He nodded.

“I love her.” He said. I looked back at Shane who was trying to listen to something DJ told him.

“Where’s Adam?” I asked. He looked surprised.

“Why do you ask?” He asked.

“Well, it’s rare seeing DJ alone. He’s normally with Adam so where is he?” I asked again.

“I heard my name,” Adam said walking in the house. I smiled. “Wait, Lola, you’re not supposed to be here,” Adam said. I roll my eyes.

“Save it,” I said. Shane and Derek looked at Adam weird. Shane looked down.

“Derek grabs her,” Shane said. Adam and I both looked at Shane. Derek grabbed me and pulled me away from Adam.

“What are you doing?” Adam asked. Duke, Kane, and Ron walked up. Kane and Ron grabbed Adam holding him to the wall. I tried to get away from Derek.

“Adam for your betrayal we are forced to give you a trial,” Shane said. I was surprised. I looked at Adam. He looked at me.

“You can’t give me trial Shane,” Adam said softly. “I will die.” He said. Shane looked at me.

“We have decided to give you a new trial,” Shane said. Adam looked at him and Derek.

“What do you know?” He asked. Shane looked at him.

“Do you really want me to say it out loud and risk everyone in this room hating you? Even the one you love the most?” Shane said. Adam looked at me.

“I’m sorry.” He said. Derek huffed.

“Sorry ain’t going to help my girl survive.” He said. Adam looked up at him.

“I was helping her. I know Marco’s plans. I know if she’s in his house she’s safe. After I told her about who I am she believed me.” Adam said. I yanked myself from Derek’s side.

“Adam, who are you?” I asked. He looked at Shane. I looked at Shane. “Someone better give a damn answer,” I said.

“I’m Adam Santiago. Son of Mike Santiago.” He said. I was shocked.

“After all these years of going to school with you. Of counting you as a friend. Do you finally tell me? You’re working for the guy who is trying to kill me.” I said. I looked at Shane and Derek. “You’re all a bunch of liars. Going behind each other's backs. The family doesn’t betray one. They help with no questions ask.” I said. I looked down. “I’m going to get Freya. I’m going to get Marco off your backs and when that’s done. This is gonna be my last time seeing any of you.” I said. I walked to Shane’s room and picked up his bed seeing the gun I found a few days ago there. I put it behind my back and walked into my room. I put my hair up and stuffed a knife in my shoe.

I walk out of my room as he walks down the hall. He grabs my body and pins me to the wall. “What are you planning?” He asked. I smirked and pushed him off me.

“Don’t touch me again if you want to keep breathing,” I said. His eyes filled with lust but also hurt. I walked past him and Kane comes up to me.

“I love how you take charge.” He said putting his hand on my hip. I smirk.

“Thank you. Hey, I need a gun.” I said. He hands me his. I place a kiss to his cheek knowing Shane is watching. “I’ll see you later,” I said. He nods and moves a step back. I walk out the house and hop into Shane’s car. I had snatched Shane’s keys when he pinned me to the wall.