~Chapter 87~

Lola's P.O.V

I get out of the bathroom with my hair wrapped in a towel to dry it. I make my way downstairs to get to the kitchen when a knock was heard. I look at the door confused. I walk out to the door and open it. "I wasn't expecting you until-." I stop as I see Shane. I let out a soft sigh. "You are not Lee." He gives me a confused look. 

"That guy from the club?" He asked. I take a deep breath. 

"What are you doing here, Shane?" He shoves his hands in his pockets. 

"You said a week and it has been a week. I figured we could talk. Unless you are expecting company?" I cross my arms. 

"Lee is just a friend." He lets out a dry laugh and looks away. 

"A friend you barely know?" I scuff. 

"Did you come here to talk about us or to ask if I'm sleeping with someone else?" He looks at me. 

"I came here to talk to you and to apologize but it seems as if you could care less." 

"What is that supposed to mean?" 

"I have left you over a million messages and over a dozen phone calls. You haven't even returned a single one." 

"Because I needed time." He takes a step forward. 

"To do what? To forgive me? Or to forget me?" I open my mouth to reply but it was like I didn't have the answer. He looks at me and his face falls. I look down. 

"I needed time to figure out what I want. To figure out who I am. After everything that has happened between us, I don't know who I am anymore. I've lost so much and I haven't dealt with it on my own." He takes a step back and lets out a breath of air. 

"You aren't ready to have this talk. You may never be ready. I understand everything you lost but you should remember how much I have lost. You aren't the only one hurting from everything that has happened." I open my mouth to reply. He shakes his head. "You know where to find me when you are ready to have that talk." Before I could get another word in he walks away. I look down and let out a breath of air. I barely got the door closed before I broke down crying in front of it. I curled up into a ball and leaned against it. I was in pain and it was forbidding me to love him. Because deep down there was a part of me that blamed him for what happened. And there is a part of me who feels guilty for being with him when I was starting to catch feelings for Lee.

Lee's P.O.V

I pace around the room waiting for Jake to get what he was searching for as I hear shouting outside of the tech room. I look towards the door as it flys open. Cameron my bodyguard grabs the intruder as Kane charges towards me. Cameron pulls him back from me. "You are a dead man," Kane shouted. I roll my eyes. 

"Cameron, let him go." Cameron looks at me like I was crazy.

"He literally just threatened you and you want me to let him go?" He asked. I nod and turn to Jack. 

"Do as I say," I mumble. Kane snorts. 

"You might actually need your bodyguard," Kane says. I turn back to him as he takes a few steps towards me and hits me in the jaw. My head jolts to the side. I stay there for a moment before looking back at him. He looks at me pissed off. "I told you to stay away from her." 

"I remember the first conversation," He growls. 

"Why didn't you listen? You told me you didn't want her. Why does it seem like you have changed your mind?" I look down for a moment. 

"I gave her a friend when she needed one. Where were you?" He glares. I smirk. "Tell me something, Kane? Does it make you mad that she wants me without knowing me but she knows you perfectly and yet she denied you?" He raises his hand to hit me but I catch it. "I'm trying to help her." I snapped. He looks at me surprised. He yanks his hand back. 

"You told me you were here because of your brother? Why did you lie?" I rub my temples. 

"For as long as those two have been involved I'm surprised none of you have figured it out." He snorts. 

"Yeah I get it, their love is epic. They've only been in love a short time but it's to die for kind of love. Blah, blah, blah sing a different song." I shake my head at him. 

"This doesn't start when he kidnapped her. No, this starts on the playground when he protected her the first time. The moment they were written in the stars." He gives me a confused look. 

"How could this have possibly started that long ago? They didn't even know each other then." 

"No, but their parents did. How else do you think they ended up on that playground?" 

"I don't understand. We killed Marco. And Peter is dead. There is no way that this is still happening." I hum and look down. 

"You are a smart guy, Kane. Who is the only one who has made it out of it at the end? The only one who barely mentioned but is a big factor in bringing them together? The person who would have to play innocent to get Lola to trust him?" He looks at me completely shocked. 

"No, it can't be. There is no way. He was-." 

"In a cell because of Marco? You and I both know that if he double-crossed Marco he wouldn't be alive." He sighs. 

"Mike, Lola's father," He growled. I smile as I look at him. 

"I've got it," Jack shouts. I walk over to him and hover. He looks at me. "Mike's location and who is working for him." I smile as I look at the screen. 

"Good job, Jack." I let out a breath of air. My watch starts beeping and I look at it. "I have to go. Keep an eye on that warehouse and try to hack into their security. Eyes on the inside would be great." 

"I'm on it, boss," He says. I grab my jacket and Kane watches me. 

"So you've been getting close to her to protect her?" He asked. 

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't having any pleasure of being around her," I spoke honestly. He lets out a dry laugh. 

"You are falling in love with her?" 

"It seems that not even I can deny her beauty or personality." He nods. 

"Now you know how it feels to love someone you can never have," He mumbles. 

"From what I saw you have someone new." He nods. 

"I do and I love her. Probably more than I loved Lola. But that doesn't mean I don't still think about it." I let out a dry laugh. 

"If you want to keep your girl I suggest you forget about whatever you felt for Lola." He nods again. 

"Once again old friend you are wise." I hum. 

"You do understand you can't tell anyone right? I haven't figured out everything and Shane will ruin everything if he knows before I do. I do not want Mike to get an idea that someone figured him out." He nods. 

"I won't tell anyone and you can count on me for help." I nod. 

"Thank you,"