~Chapter 67~

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Macy asked. I smiled. It's been a week since Shane proposed to me and I've stayed at Mack's house due to my recovery. It was now Friday and he is picking me up and bringing me to the house.

"Macy, you guys have done so much already. Thank you and be sure to tell Mack once he gets home from work." I said. She hugged me.

"Safe travels," she said. I nodded. She pulls away and Shane wraps his arms around her.

"Be careful," he said to her. She nodded. I get into the car and so does Shane. The car starts and I stared out the window. My mind rushed to when he proposed to me and I giggle. "What's so funny?" I looked at him.

"Nothing," I said. He rolls his eyes. The car stops at a stop sign and he grabs my hand. His fingers lock with mine and I stare at him.

"You're beautiful," he said. I shake my head and turn towards the window again. I watched him turn down a road that was about 30 minutes from the house. I look at him and he kept his eyes on the road. But he had a smile on his face. We pull into a driveway and he puts the car in park.

"Care to explain?" I asked. He turns to me.

"Let's go," he said. I watch him get out of the car and he opens my door.

"You're serious?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He made his way to the door and opened it. As soon as we walked in I was greeted with the gang. I smiled. They all cheered and pulled me in for hugs. After they were done I turned to Shane. "What is all this?" He walks up to me.

"The new house." He said. I noticed Duke walking up to me. He hugged me.

"Hey, sunshine how are you doing?" he asked. I smiled.

"I'm all healed up," I said.

"Not what I meant," he said. I nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm fine," I said. He gave me a sad smile. I know he didn't buy it but he looked at Shane and then me.

"Did Shane tell you the good news?" he asked.

"No, he wouldn't say anything," I said.

"Well, he sold his father's place. He said there was too much stuff that happened there and he wanted a fresh start. So we bought this place. And well combined our gangs." he said. I looked at Shane and him.

"Ok, so which one of you is the leader of this dysfunctional gang?" I asked.

"First of all hey, and second, we both are. His men won't listen to me and mine won't listen to him." Duke said.

"We agreed on this only because we tested it and it failed," Shane said.

"More like they fought about it for 2 hours." I heard Derek say. I turn around to see him walking up to me. He smiled. "Hey, beautiful," He wrapped me in his arms.

"Hi," I said. He releases me and turns to Shane.

"So when's the wedding?" he asked. Shane chuckled.

"Damn sexy, you forgot about me that fast?" I heard Kane say. I turn to him. He smiles. "Still just as beautiful as I remember," I roll my eyes.

"Always the flirt," I said. He smirks.

"You know it's never too late to change your mind," he said. Shane grabs my hand.

"I liked so I put a ring on it," he said showing him my engagement ring. Kane rolls his eyes.

"Whatever," he said walking away. Shane chuckles.

"There's gonna be a wedding?" Adam asked walking up to us. I gave him a hug.

"Shane proposed to Lola," Derek said. Adam gave Shane a confused look.

"When was this?" he asked.

"Last week," Shane said. Adam nodded. "And I don't know when it's gonna be. For now, we have something else to focus on," I looked down knowing what he was talking about.

"Where's James?" I asked. It went quiet and I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"Shit baby I'm sorry. I said I wasn't gonna bring it up around you and I did." Shane said. I looked at him.

"Don't worry about it," I said. He looked unsure.

"James hasn't taken his eyed off her since he got here after the hospital," Duke said. I nodded.

"Take me to him," I said. Shane grabbed my arm.

"Not gonna happen. My rules still apply here," he said. He looked at Derek and then back at me. "I meant I really don't think to see her just yet is a good idea," he said. I shook my head.

"I need to talk to him, Shane," I said. He sighed.

"Can I come with you?" he asked.

"No," I said. He looked like he wanted to get mad. He turned around.

"Fine," he said walking away. I shook my head.

"He's so confusing," I said.

"Come on I'll take you to him," Kane said. I nodded and walked with him. We walked through the house.

It was an orange cream color. The floor was wood but shiny. The hall leads to the kitchen where we walked through. Maria stood in front of an electric stove. The countertops were marble which connected to it was an island. The cupboards were white. The kitchen table was also a marble blue color. We walked past a few doors and ended up in the gym. I smiled loving the new paint smell. It looked like a school gym floor. There were basketball hoops and fighting mats. I noticed the basketballs and gloves. We walked up to a small room that looked like an office.

As we walked in I saw an office chair behind a marble office table. A few filing cabinets and two lockers. Kane walked up to the wall and put a key inside a slot. The lockers opened and it leads to another room. Kane turned to me.

"If you think that's cool you should check out your room." He said. I shook my head.