~Chapter 30~

I turn around and James was there. He smiled. “I thought you were gonna run back into my brother's arms.” He said. I smiled.

“After the year we had together? No, never.” I said. He pulled me into his arms.

“You know how I feel about you Ava.” He said. I smiled. “But something must be done with Marco and with you in the way nothing will. Please forgive me, my love.” He said. I was confused. He placed his lips to mine while his hand went to my side. A tiny pinch tug at my side and I pushed him off me. I lifted up my shirt a little and there was a little blood. I look up at him.

“James? What did you do?” I asked. My vision starting to blur.

“What I had to do baby. You will soon understand this is for the better.” He said. I lost my balance and he caught me.

“You-you drugged me?” I questioned.

“Shhhh, just go to sleep baby.” He said. My eyes felt heavy and I blacked out.

Shane’s P.O.V

I noticed Ava wasn’t behind us so I went in search to find her. But what I saw next surprised me. “Shane listens to me carefully,” James said carrying her. I went to hurt him for hurting her but Derek grabbed my arm. “Ava and I made a deal with Marco. She doesn’t have to give up a child if she worked for him. She began to see him as a father. She was sent here by him. Now I drugged her so she’ll be asleep for 4 days. We have only 4 days to handle Marco. But I don’t want any harm to go to her.” He said. Ava working for Marco? Ava and James? She was just using me.

“Adam!” I called. He jogged up to me. “Take Ava to the cellar. Have Maria strip her of her clothes and put in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. No jewelry either. Everything Ava has on her is to be put in a box and brought to my room.” I said. He grabbed Ava from James and walked away.

“Shane I know you’re angry but please don’t hurt her,” James said. I looked at him.

“I won’t hurt her. But if she wakes up in the 4 days we have then she will need to be restained.” I said. Derek nodded when he looked at him.

Lola’s P.O.V

I walk down the path of the house as my music changes to I use to love you sober by Kane Brown. I kick a stone in front of me as my good hand rested in my back pocket. It’s been 2 days since Ava arrived. I haven’t seen her or Shane in those 2 days. Freya went home yesterday after explaining to her parents that she stayed a few days at my house they accepted and she wasn’t grounded. Derek has been working to keep me safe in the free time he has away from helping Shane. Well, I honestly believe he’s trying to annoy me which is working. I was trying to paint but he kept asking a shit ton of questions so I asked if I could step outside and take a walk. Of course, I said alone but he said he will trail me so I was safe or didn’t run away. I turned around to see Shane standing behind me. I took out a headphone.

“How long have you been walking behind me?” I asked. He tucked his hands in his jeans.

“About 15 to 20 minutes.” He said. I looked to the left.

“Where’s Ava?” I asked.

“She went home.” He said. I looked up at him.

“When?” I asked.

“2 days ago. She has friends at her house that can help us so I told her it would be better for all of us if she worked from there.” He said. I stared into his eyes. I took a deep breath. He took a step forward. “She was wrong you know? About you being a toy to me. You’re so much more.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Shane you don’t have to explain or defend yourself. Nor do you have to explain her. She said that thing out of anger. Or jealousy.” I said. He grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him.

“I wasn’t done.” He said. I had my hand resting on his chest as I breathed heavily. “She was wrong to say that. And she was wrong to say I love her. You were wrong to say I still care for her. She and I were over before we even began. She never meant more than one fling to me. You mean more to me than she ever did.” He said. I smiled.

“Shane you really know how to play don’t you,” I said. I pushed off him with my good arm.

“Lola I-.”

“Shane we need you,” Derek said coming from around the building. Shane stared at me for a moment.

“Lola gets back inside now,” Shane said turning around. I followed behind him and went towards the Art room. I went to look around the room when hands covered my eyes.