~Chapter 41~

"What? Then why are you here?” I asked.

“Because Duke’s gang heard there was a price on your head. 50k. Shane caring for Lola ordered that we take you to the house. I just want to keep you safe.” He said.

“Who would put a price on my head?” I asked.

“Richie,” Derek said. I looked at the ceiling.

“Of course he did,” I said.

“The order is you alive and brought to Marco.” He said. My heart thumped in and out of my chest. I hugged his chest. He hugged me tightly. “I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He said. His phone began to ring and he picked it up. “We’ll be outside.” He said. I nodded and grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. We walked outside after explaining to Mack what was happening. Shane nods to a black car. He looks back at Mack.

“Who’s the dude?” He asked.

“Freya’s brother. Might want to watch out for that one. He has a thing for your girl.” Derek said loud enough for just Shane and me to hear. Shane nodded.

“Then he will keep her safe,” Shane said turning to the other car. I get into the black car as Derek tells me he is going to ride with Shane. Shane was tired and Derek could drive. The black car follows Shane’s car until we get to a red light. All of a sudden it takes a sharp right turn. I knew the way to Shane’s house and this was not it. I knew something was wrong. I grabbed my phone silently. I dialed Shane’s number and put the phone down. He answered.

“Hey, driver?” I asked.

“What?” He said.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Oh don’t worry pretty lady. Marco will take good care of you.” He said. My heart thumped. “Don’t even think of calling anybody. You see we placed bombs outside of your brother's place. One wrong move and I will push the button.” He said. A tear fell down my face.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked.

“Because 50k is a lot of money.” He said.

“What are you going to tell Shane when I don’t arrive?” I asked.

“That we got hijacked. You see two of us were sent in to be undercover for Marco. That’s why he knows everything.” He said.

“Who’s the other one?” I asked.

“He goes unnamed. Wouldn’t want his cover blown if you escape.” He said. I looked at the phone. Derek texted me.

Derek:
        Baby, I know you’re scared but you have to try and get him to mention who the other trader is.

I looked up at the driver as we pull into Marco’s huge driveway. “I didn’t escape. So why can’t you tell me? Oh, wait I think I got it.” I said. He looked at me.

“What is it?” He asked.

“You just don’t want to give him credit for any of this. Or you want to take the credit for his doing.” I said. He got mad.

“Adam doesn’t have the brains as I do.” He said. He stepped out of the car and walked over to the house. I picked up the phone.

“Adam’s the trader,” I repeated.

“I know I heard,” Shane said.

“Shane I’m scared,” I said.

“Freya listen. We have people going to Mack’s house right now deactivating the bombs. You just have to be tough ok. Can you do that?” He asked.

“I think so.” I cried.

“Listen I have two men in my uncle’s house right now that are going to help you get out of there alive. Ok? You are just gonna have to wait for tomorrow morning.” He said.

“Can I speak to Derek?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Yes, baby?” Derek said. I noticed the guy coming.

“I don’t have enough time. But I just wanted to tell you I love you.” I said.

“Freya-.”

“No Derek just in case I don’t make it. I love you ok?” I said. He let out a breath of air.