~Chapter 79~

Five hours into the club's grand opening and I was getting bored. I wasn't having any fun. Shane made it mandatory to be here but it didn't even look like he was here himself. Freya and Derek were having a blast. I danced with Duke to seven different songs until he found someone else to keep him company. Now I'm just leaning on a railing watching the crowd of people dancing. "You look like a girl who would like some company." I hear. I glance to my right to see a guy leaning on the railing looking out into the crowd. He looks at me and smiles. He had brown hair and smokey green eyes. He wore joggers and a black t-shirt. His hair looked freshly cut and he smelled like a rainforest. He looked good. When he smiled his dimples popped. 

"Excuse me?" I mumble. He chuckles as he turns back to the ground of people. 

"I just meant that I was watching you from down there and you have been standing here for over an hour by yourself. Now I'm assuming your date is either fashionably late or you are here alone." I let out a dry laugh and turn to the crowd. 

"I am here with friends and currently waiting on my date. Although I have been here for five hours and he still hasn't arrived." He chuckles.

"I'm not really good at dating but I believe it's usually the girls who are fashionably late." I nod and look back at him. 

"That is usually how it goes." He smiles. 

"Well, I am here with my friend as his date." I hiss. 

"You third-wheeled to a club?" He nods. 

"He wouldn't let me tell him no so I decided to go and possibly talk to a beautiful girl. I think I'm doing great on my part." I hum. 

"You are doing great although as I said before I am currently dating someone so I don't think I would count." He shrugs. 

"Dating someone or not at least let me be your company until someone you know comes up." I open my mouth to object and he nods. "And I'm a complete stranger who you know nothing about." I nod. He gives me a small smile. "I am Lee." He stuck out his hand. 

"I am Lola." He shakes my hand. I glanced down to see Freya having a blast and I smile. I look back at Lee. "I wouldn't mind the company." He smiles.

"Are you sure? I completely understand if you rather be alone?" I shake my head. 

"You are the first person I talked to in an hour. Company is nice." He leans back on the railing. 

"You look amazing by the way. I'm sure if your date knew you were dressed like that he wouldn't be taking his time." I sigh. 

"Well, my date is a busy man so I like to give him the benefit of the doubt." He sighs. 

"At least you understand him." I glance at him as he looks at me. "How is it that you happen to come here the first night that it opens up?" 

"My boyfriend is the owner. What about you? You can't tell me that you only came for your friend." He shakes his head. 

"No, actually I came here looking for someone." 

"Did you find them?" He shakes his head. 

"No, but I found someone better and someone who is a lot easier to have a conversation with. Most girls these days aren't like that." I hum. 

"Yeah, well I come from a background where I all did was listen. I wouldn't know the first thing about being like a normal girl." He bums my shoulder. 

"Normal is overrated." I giggle. 

"That is true." He smiles. A hand goes on my waist and I look over to see some random guy. I push him off of me. "Excuse you." He grins. 

"Come here, baby. Let's have some fun." He said grabbing my arm. I yank my arm back. 

"Let's not." He went to grab me again but Lee pushed him. 

"She said no. Back off man." The guy looked at him. 

"What are you like her boyfriend or something?" He asked. Lee crossed his arms. 

"Or something." The guy scuffed and turned around. 

"Whatever I'll go find some piece of ass somewhere else." Lee shook his head as he turned around. 

"Thank you but I could have handled it," I said. He scratched the back of his head. 

"Right, sorry. Force of habit." I shake my head. 

"It's okay." He opens his mouth to say something when I get pulled into someone's arms. I went to pull away when I noticed their touch was gentle. I look up to see Shane. He smiles as he looks down at me. 

"Hey, beautiful. I am extremely sorry that I am late but I promise you it's for good reason." I give him a small smile. 

"I'm sure it is." He frowns. 

"What's wrong?" I shake my head. 

"It's just I've been here for five hours and the only source of company I've had is a stranger and a drunk." He gives me a confused look. I sigh and look over to Lee who was leaning on the railing trying not to pay attention to us. I turn back to Shane. He sighs. 

"I'm sorry baby." I nod. 

"I know you're busy." He gives me a small smile. 

"But that doesn't mean I have the right to be late. I am the boss and I could have avoided it." I roll my eyes. 

"You are co-boss remember?" He rolls his eyes. 

"Where is Duke anyway?" I shrug. 

"He left with some chick after you didn't show up." He leans on the railing watching the crowd. 

"Hey, Lola, I have to go but it was nice meeting you," Lee said as he looked away from his phone. I nod. 

"It was nice meeting you as well and thank you again." He nods. 

"Bye." I wave. 

"Who was the hottie?" I hear Freya asked as she walks up the steps. I look at her as Derek does too. 

"He was Lee. A guy who decided to keep me company." Shane looks at me. "But he wasn't hot." I rushed. He smiles and pulls me into his arms. 

"It's okay to look beautiful. But I'm not going anywhere." He said. I giggle and look up at him. 

"The only person I want to be looking at is you." He smiles and kisses me. 

"You look, incredible baby." I melt into his touch.