~Chapter 80~

I walk into the club and look around. Every worker was setting up for tonight. I watched as they cleaned off the tables and set up the stage. The bartenders set up glasses and got the bar ready. "I don't want to hear excuses. I want it fixed." I hear Duke yell at some of his guys. They nod and turn around. I look at him surprised. He looks at me and smiles instantly. "Hey, beautiful." 

"Hey, how are things going?" He looks at the stage. 

"Well, it's going great except there was a mix-up with our delivery." I nod slowly. 

"Sounds stressful." He nods. 

"It is." I look around. "What are you doing here?" I look back at him. 

"I kinda wanted to talk to Shane. It's been a week since the club has opened and I barely see him. I was hoping to catch him here but I guess I was wrong." He looks around. 

"No, actually I think I just saw him go into his office." I look up the steps and look back at Duke.

"Thanks." He nods. I walk to the steps and take them by twos. I get to his office just I hear a voice. 

"You are too tense. Why don't you let me help you relax?" I hear a girl say. I peek my head in the room to see Shane's assistant with her hands on his shoulders making their way down his chest. He closes his eyes and opens his mouth to say something. 

"How about you take your hands off of him before you find yourself flying through the window." I fired. They both look at me. I cross my arms as Shane stands up. I glare at the redhead bimbo. 

"Lola?" Shane said. I look at him. 

"Who the hell do you think you are?" She asked. I look at her and let out a dry laugh. I walk over to her and grab her hair. I drag her to the door and practically threw her out. 

"Lola," Shane says. I turn around to him quickly and shake my head. 

"I have been very understanding and patient with you this whole time. I came here to talk to you about something extremely important and here I find you being entertained by your assistant? I don't deserve to be treated this way. I gave you a chance to prove to me you love me and you have but this? What did I do to deserve this?" He sighs. 

"Lola give me a chance to explain please." I let out a dry laugh and throw myself in the empty seat. He opens his mouth to reply. 

"Shane we need you," Duke said coming into the room. Shane looks up at him. 

"Can it wait?" Duke crosses his arms. 

"If you want a club then no." Shane looks at me and I look down.

"Go," 

"Lola?" I stand up. I walk around Duke and run down the steps. 

"Hey Lola where are you going?" Derek asked as he walks in and I walk out. I look at him. 

"I'm going somewhere to clear my head." He stops gives me a confused look. 

"Do you want company?" I shake my head. 

"No, I'm good. But thank you anyway." He nods slowly and I turn to walk to my car. I get in and drive off. When I get to where I wanted to be I turn off the car and sigh. I open my car door and I see a familiar smile. 

"And here I thought you were going to be a stranger for the rest of your life." I giggle and wrap my arms around him. 

"Why would I do that? You were there for me when I needed you." He nods. 

"And don't you forget it." Macy slaps his arm. 

"Oh, you stop." I smile at her and wrap my arms around her. "How have you been?" 

"I've been good." She pulls back and I look at Mack. He gives me a skeptical look. I look down for a second. "It's been a bit hard but Shane has been very supportive." He smiles. 

"Well, it's good to know my threat scared him." I roll my eyes. 

"I doubt you had anything to do with it but thank you for trying." 

"We were just about to make dinner. Would you like to come in?" Macy asked. 

"I wouldn't want to impose." They both shake their heads. 

"As if that were possible," Mack said as he pulls me inside. I giggle at his behavior. 

"So what brings you all the way out here?" Macy asks as we walk into the kitchen. I sit at the dining table and look at them. 

"I needed to clear my head and so I decided to go for a drive. I figured my visit to you guys was long past due." Mack lets out a snort. 

"The understatement of the year." I narrow my eyes at him. 

"You can visit too." He chuckles. 

"True." Macy giggles as she places her hand on her stomach. I give her a small smile. 

"Did I miss something?" They both look at me. I nod towards her stomach. She looks at Mack and back at me. 

"We only found out two days ago. We were going to tell you but we didn't want to upset you." She said. I scuff and stand up. 

"Don't be ridiculous. Congratulations you two." I said hugging Mack and then her. 

"Thank you," Macy says. I nod. 

"So how long are you?" I asked. 

"Um, 6 weeks." I give her wide eyes. 

"6 weeks already? Jeez," She nods. 

"Yeah, well it's been pretty easy. I haven't been getting sick at all. If I hadn't gone to my doctor's appointment I doubt I would have noticed." I look down. "I'm sorry," I look up at her and shake my head. 

"No, I'm happy for you guys. Don't be sorry." Mack gives me a sad look and I sit back down. 

"So what is Shane doing these days besides being a dangerous gang leader?" Mack asked as he popped a piece of cheese in his mouth. 

"Ah, he just opened a club." Macy looks at me. 

"Exciting. I love clubs." I smile. 

"Yeah, it's extremely nice." 

"We should go someday." She said to Mack. He chuckles. 

"Or we can stay home and away from the loud noise. I wouldn't want to scare our unborn child." She slaps his arm. 

"Our unborn child is just fine." I smile as they bicker back and forth.