~Chapter 61~

"How about she fights a real challenge?" Derek said with a smirk.

"I wouldn't consider you a challenge more of a practice," I said. He chuckled.

"I'm more of a lover than a fighter princess and besides I was talking about Shane." He said. I turned to him.

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea," Shane said. I crossed my arms and smirked.

"Scared you'll be beaten by a girl?" I asked. He smirked.

"No, but you could beat me because you are a distraction. And you could rip your stitches." He said bringing me into his arms. "Besides I would never fight for the fear that I'd hurt you." He said. I smiled big.

"Cheese ball," I said. He nodded.

"Man I really wanted to see you get knocked on your ass," Derek said. Freya hit his arm. He chuckled.

"Can I tell them?" I heard Freya say. She was looking up at Derek and he smiled at her.

"Sure baby." He said. She turned to us.

"Mack is having a barbecue and invited you two. Oh and Adam too." She said.

"When is this barbecue?" Shane asked.

"Tonight at 7. Bring a swimsuit." She said. Adam comes up to us.

"I'm down." He said.

"Yeah sounds fun," Shane said. I look up at him.

"You're going?" I asked. He nodded.

"I could use a break from all this." He said. I nodded.

"I'll go but I can't swim," I said. They all look at me. "Stitches? Remember?" I said.

"Oh yeah, Mack doesn't know about that." She said. I nodded.

"Probably for the best," I said. She nods.

"You haven't told him you were shot?" Shane asked. I looked at him.

"No. Because he will go all crazy saying I need to stay away from you and all you bring and I can't." I said.

"Well its better to hear it from you then someone else." He said.

"Yeah I guess but why worry him today?" I asked. He sighed.

"How long do you have left with the stitches?" Freya asked. I looked at Shane.

"I kinda ripped them opened the day you guys left," I said. She looks at Shane.

"Please don't tell me it's because of what I'm thinking?" She said.

"No Freya, your best friend is still a virgin." He said. She looked at me.

"Good. Now tell me how." She said. I looked at Shane.

"I'll tell you if you walk with me to the room? I need help with walking." I said. She nodded.

"Of course." She said.

"Are you sure you don't need my help walking you baby? You can have some time to talk in the room. I just don't want you falling and ripping them again." He said.

"Maybe he should help." She said. He grabbed my arm and put it over his shoulder. He walked me down to the room and I opened the door.

On Tuesday we rearranged the room. We knocked down the wall that was blocking mine and his room. He put in a walk-in closet and got me more clothes. I told him I didn't need anymore but he insisted.

"I see you've redecorated," Freya said. I nodded. Shane looks at me.

"I'll be down the hall beautiful. If you need help taking a shower just let me know." He said. I nodded. I was used to him seeing me naked. Since my hand and now my stitches. I turn towards the bed and walk to it carefully and sit down. He watches me for a second. I stared in his eyes and he smiled.

"Ok, Romeo she's in good hands," Freya said. He looked at her and smiled. He walks away and I looked at her. She looks at me. "How's he doing?" She asked.

"He's... Copping. Losing his dad took a lot out of him but he's slowly coming back. I guess you never really know how much you love someone until you lose them." I said. She gives me half a smile.

"Yeah." She said.

"Freya he's going to be fine," I said. She nods.

"I just want you happy. And I know you won't be if he isn't " she said. I nodded.

"Ok get me ready for a barbeque," I said. She smiles and walks over to the walk-in closet. She smiles.

"So. Much. Clothes." She said. I giggled.

"You are welcomed to borrow anything if you like. And I wouldn't notice if anything went missing. Shane might." I said. She squeaks.

"Did you pick these out?" She asked.

"Ahh no actually Shane did. Anything I'd look sexy in he grabbed." I said. She grabs out a black dress that gives barely gives enough to the imagination.

"I see," she said. I chuckle.